Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! You all are so nice!

Haha! I hadn't noticed that. She must be a real hoot in IA! :love:

Lucy - just noticed your AWESOME license plate frame!! Love it! Ramen!

I ordered my plates back when I was planning to get a Model X, but as I am XSTATIC about the MS as well and was reassured by the kind members of this forum, I decided to keep them.

There aren't too many Pastafarians around here, but I am ordained, and celebrate every Friday as I should.
May you all be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

There are more than you might think. The FSM sticker on mine gets almost as many questions as the Tesla itself.

So do you think our cars are going to cause more pirates, since we are reducing global warming?

I am hopeful, the Indian Summer was extremely long but it is finally getting cooler now, which is a sign of pirate activity. It is known.

we are getting off topic and these forums are for EVangelizing and the consumption of Tesla brand Kool-Aid, not pasta.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 267

Speaking as a citizen of the Commonwealth...good for her! But I fear she may be touched in the head...and not just with his noodly appendage.

I admire this citizen's willingness to fight for her rights. We can not even wear our prescription eyeglasses or smile anymore for our driver's license photos (messes up the facial recognition software) so I'm always amazed when these stories pop up. My photo shows me gazing in the general direction of the camera, towards the sound of the photo tech's voice. Without my glasses, that was all I had to go on.

No more vanity plates in the state of Indiana, due to political correctness. Because apparently if someone personalizes a license plate, that becomes government speech and implies state endorsement. I would have thought it obvious that vanity plates are not official state policy documents, a platform in just 7 characters, but I guess that's a difficult line to draw.

This judicial ruling comes after a police officer tried to renew his previously-approved OINK plate. Apparently laughing at yourself is inappropriate government speech.

Good job, hyper-vigilant phony Social Justice Warriors. Now no one will have any nicer thing than anyone else, because we can't have nice things.

No more vanity plates in the state of Indiana, due to political correctness. Because apparently if someone personalizes a license plate, that becomes government speech and implies state endorsement. I would have thought it obvious that vanity plates are not official state policy documents, a platform in just 7 characters, but I guess that's a difficult line to draw.

This judicial ruling comes after a police officer tried to renew his previously-approved OINK plate. Apparently laughing at yourself is inappropriate government speech.

Good job, hyper-vigilant phony Social Justice Warriors. Now no one will have any nicer thing than anyone else, because we can't have nice things.

I think you ought to read the entire article if you think this is the liberal nanny state vs. freedom or something like that. The ACLU fought to force the state to allow the vanity plate.

I think you ought to read the entire article if you think this is the liberal nanny state vs. freedom or something like that. The ACLU fought to force the state to allow the vanity plate.
I didn't mention the ACLU or sides in my post, so I'm not sure why you thought I didn't read that entire article in particular or any other. You will note I specifically called out phony SJWs, those who make a lot of noise to address non-existent issues with unhelpful solutions; "liberal nanny state vs freedom" is not a concern with legitimate social activism.

Because of the potential for offense, misunderstandings, or infractions of the First Amendment (putting PSTAFRN, to use an above topic, on a license plate would be state endorsement of a particular religion and a violation of the Establishment Clause), no vanity plates will be issued.

Since you mention the ACLU, I don't think they did any favors by arguing that any vanity plate is necessarily "government speech" and an official state endorsement of its message. That not only didn't carry the original plaintiff's case (and I'm not sure how it was supposed to), that pretty much forced the no-personalization decision.

EDIT: Hold on, I had some messy reporting with some unclear attributions. I may need to revise my statement. It looks like the ACLU was probably arguing that personalized plates were *not* necessarily "government speech." If so, that makes a lot more sense.

Regardless, vanity plates are discontinued because it was argued that a personalized license plate constituted state endorsement of its message. Which is still silly.

Last edited:
What do you guys think? :)

View attachment 102921
That's great!

Mine have finally arrived and I get to pick them up next week, but now that I've had her for almost 2,000 miles worth, I'm not sure which one I want to use. I love the whole LUDICROUS idea of the car in the first place, and of course, Ludicrous speed, but I also loves me some Star Trek: TNG. And my plate frame says "Driving the Future." Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2015-09-13 at 5.17.22 PM.png

That's great!

Mine have finally arrived and I get to pick them up next week, but now that I've had her for almost 2,000 miles worth, I'm not sure which one I want to use. I love the whole LUDICROUS idea of the car in the first place, and of course, Ludicrous speed, but I also loves me some Star Trek: TNG. And my plate frame says "Driving the Future." Thoughts?

View attachment 102968

I would go with the "Make it So #1" ...