Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does TX DMV allow you to check on-line for the availability of a personalized plate combination? I found out many of the ones I had considered for my future Model 3 were already taken when I checked on the CA DMV site.
Yes they do, that's why I pulled my post, doh! I wound up with this one which wasn't taken yet. Of course now I can't get that Thomas Dolby song out of my head. ;)

PLPF286.png

Does TX DMV allow you to check on-line for the availability of a personalized plate combination? I found out many of the ones I had considered for my future Model 3 were already taken when I checked on the CA DMV site.

Texas outsources personalized plates to a 3rd-party company that you can search: www.myplates.com

Texas plates are 7 characters max, with some designs having a 6 character max.

They do. I check my secret one for mine next October... not telling until I get it. :-D

MyPlates.com You pick a design and 6 or 7 letters and it tells you if it's available. They used to let you get 1, 2, 5, and 10 years at a time.

Here's what I have ordered from CA DMV for my upcoming Teslas.

N PER AM
KG PERCS

Lets see who can explain the meaning first...

After that - I'll tell everyone the one that I originally wanted - but couldn't get.

Hey, I was following your S (KG PER CS) into San Francisco on December 10th. I was in the blue model X with the '63 base plate N PR AM. Oddly, it took a while for us to decipher - I think we were stuck on C for speed of light (CS for C^2) then got hit with the big duh, since I was originally poking around Coulombs for my plate!

Well, about a month ago, my wife and I went out for a movie, dinner, and drinks, and I came home a little tipsy (don't worry, she drove!).

And then I got on the computer (always a mistake after a few drinks)... and figured, 'why the hell not???'

So it was kind of inevitable what I ordered that night:

upload_2017-3-22_17-38-42.png

But since I only have one Model S with the vanity plate in my avatar, I had no choice...
..but to put it on my 2002 BMW M5:

upload_2017-3-22_17-39-3.png

So sue me. :)

• Love
Reactions: Ampster