Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla back.jpg

Not a clever plate for an MS, just a comment on a plate I saw today here in AZ. It was 7ASSON. Dont even remember what kind of car it was. But it was all black. With the AZ Cardinals plate, which is mostly black (I think most people get it not cuz they are Cards fans, but because it is all black).

What I was surprised by was that is was approved. It may have been innocent, but I would have thought the state would reject any plate with the word "ASS" in it. I know there are many words with those letters that are legit, e.g. GLASS, but ASSON seems like it would be flagged. That it wasnt opens up a whole new set of possible ideas for me to consider :)

j/k I know what I'm planning on getting. Just waiting to register in AZ until the sales tax drops the 1%. (Still not sure if that'll work, but its worth the shot and I'm in no rush to pay the state if I dont have to yet).

In preparation for an EV, I currently have this plate on my very fossil fuelly AMG.

MDA slrpwr.jpg

I like and will almost certainly keep my MD Anderson plates, but if I really wanted to remove any ambiguity on how my Tesla is powered, maybe I'd get this one...

SUN slrprw.png

When I got the car back in January it was pretty rare around here still. I had people zooming up and tailgating me all the time trying to figure out what kind of car it was. Very annoying. In the interest of clearly displaying who and what it was I ordered this:
IMAG0082.jpg

In retrospect it turned out to be brilliant investment advice.

When I got the car back in January it was pretty rare around here still. I had people zooming up and tailgating me all the time trying to figure out what kind of car it was. Very annoying. In the interest of clearly displaying who and what it was I ordered this:
View attachment 21862
In retrospect it turned out to be brilliant investment advice.
Aha! Connecting the dots... Nice meeting you today.