Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I inspired the plates for the S -

2fst4gs.JPG

2013-06-27 06.32.23.jpg

It is unfortunate that you have to put a plate on the front of that beautiful car. Texas requires one, but I refuse to install a front plate. They can give me a ticket, but no fine. I had 2 tickets in my Corvette that had no front plate.

Yeah it did hurt to have to drill the underside of the nosecone lip for Skene plate hangers but the cops are not as forgiving here, alas.

It is unfortunate that you have to put a plate on the front of that beautiful car. Texas requires one, but I refuse to install a front plate. They can give me a ticket, but no fine. I had 2 tickets in my Corvette that had no front plate.

Have you gotten a ticket since the fine was eliminated?

Not that I'm trying to draw trouble, but I've never gotten a plate ticket in TX.

Did you add the X and the = in the middle? If so I'm surprised it'd be legal. In CA even the slightest modification/defacing of a license plate is a no-no.

I figure between adding the decals, AND running with no front plate, I'll double the chances of having an opportunity for a nice chat with one of Virginia's finest state troopers. Maybe even a judge!

Now that "60 KWH" no longer applies, I can use these plates that I've been squatting on.

How long do you think I'll go before getting ticketed? These plates are currently sitting on our extra car.

I'm thinking about putting the subscript "2" on a white license plate frame. That should help me to avoid trouble.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373126952.859669.jpg