Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I remember correctly, it was the original factory forest green. That color and the chocolate brown are the rarest Model S colors.

Edit: Picture: Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my fellow Greens!
I've not seen the green IRL, but have seen a couple of chocolate browns and they are absolutely gorgeous! Warm and sensuous.

In the early days, Tesla used to offer more (and more interesting) color options, especially with the Roadster.

Not all of us old folks are gone! I still have my Sequoia green 2013 car! I went to the opening ceremony for The Dalles supercharger in Oregon (U of O's colors are green and yellow....well, most of the time!) and I think there were 8 greenies there. I estimated about 2,400 greenies were built. I see about 6 per year here in Seattle.

Reactions: Blu Zap and Ciaopec
I'm an avid home brewer, and have an all electric brewery. My plate on the S does double duty in that regard.

55826172_10156344334568230_5293994358545055744_n.jpg

Reactions: aerodyne
Not only have I seen green, but I saw it in an S40. Wonder if there's more than one of those...

If I remember correctly, there were only a few thousand S40s sold. The take rate on the green and brown paint were both in the single-digit percentages. Therefore, I don't think there were more than about 200 each of S40 green and S40 brown cars ever delivered. Probably less than that exist now since the 40->60 upgrade was offered, and many 40 owners did that.

I took this picture a while back, but mine is NOISY AF, which could be sarcastic or ironic depending on your take. I put in the explanation of the application that it had a loud "Aphex" (AF) sound system inside (nothing to do with car stereos lol). The day I showed up to pick it up from the DMV, the guy behind the counter asked me after he pulled the plates out "they approved this?" LOL.

For the first few years, people would come up to me from time to time and complimented me on the plate and/or car. One time I even saw someone slow down the fast lane of the freeway holding up traffic to take a picture of my car (in the slow lane) before they sped up again. Today I am stuck at home nearly 24/7, so while my wife goes out for groceries with it random tuned cars who pull up next to her try to race her from stoplights...

Anyways I got this plate over 4 years ago, I've just delayed posting a picture of it until now because I'm leaving California in the next few months so now I don't have to worry about the state rescinding it.

tesla-plate.jpg