Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S color confusion: Red/black or Blue white

1020hp

Apr 4, 2021
Texas
Waiting on refresh model S LR- originally ordered Blue/white with 21” arachnid

Didnt expect the delays and sold my Porsche daily driver. Ended up buying blue/ black Lexus 350Fsport in the meanwhile.

now I’m confused, should I keep my Tesla as blue/white and then I have 2 blue cars or change to Red/black or Red/cream?
I don’t want white/back or MSM exterior. I haven’t seen a red Tesla in person so not sure how it looks.

what do you guys recommend- keep the blue/white or change to red/black or red/cream? Which one looks better? Thanks

NickFie

Sep 28, 2017
Near Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on your impending Tesla ownership. The biggest problem is you’ll look for excuses to drive it. I now only go for BBQ if it requires 100 miles or more round-trip drive.

If you don’t want two blue cars, consider Midnight Silver Metallic with white interior. Good-looking combination that doesn’t catch a State Trooper’s eye.

Our Model S, blue with white interior, still gets compliments after 3 1/2 years and over 52,000 miles. I fell in love with it when I picked it up in Chicago. My wife saw my photos and was worried it wouldn’t be the blue she wanted.

By the time my buddy and I got it to Philadelphia, with a detour through a touch-less car wash, she loved it too. Good thing, it was her birthday gift in her requested colors.

When the 3 came out we waited until the dual-motor version was available. My wife took a test drive. She decided that was a better fit for her. Smaller, tossable, better interior storage than the 2017 S. We ordered a stealth performance 3 that evening.

Like you, she didn’t want two blue cars in the driveway. She chose MAM and white, is very happy.

I prefer the S, was happy to get the hand-me-down.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
@1020hp - Hands down Red/cream. The red is a special color and looks absolutely stunning in person as it's very deep and glossy looking. It's called "multi coat" red for a reason.

Reactions: AMPd

1020hp

Apr 4, 2021
Texas
Went with red and white with chrome delete 21” wheels and tinted windows will look amazing I think... it’s different fancy sporty yet classy.. saw many pics and videos. Red and black is just too common and had the same on my Porsche for 5 years.

Reactions: SilverGS

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Went with red and white with chrome delete 21” wheels and tinted windows will look amazing I think... it’s different fancy sporty yet classy.. saw many pics and videos. Red and black is just too common and had the same on my Porsche for 5 years.
"Chrome delete" is not an option you can choose, that's how it comes now on the refreshed model. 👍

1020hp

Apr 4, 2021
Texas
"Chrome delete" is not an option you can choose, that's how it comes now on the refreshed model. 👍
Yes true... and I love that look. I would have done it after market if that wasn’t an option anyways. Red is classy/sporty with black wheels/tints/chrome delete... white interior first I wasn’t sure if but I now feel it’s better than black not just in better looks but many ways like gets less hot/ looks roomier..

Reactions: SilverGS

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC