Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S coming to Oslo, Norway in April!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Invitiation to attend the opening of the new service center and showroom in Oslo on April 11th just received today. A model S Beta and George B. will be there too!

Looking forward to see the other Norwegian model S buyers there. I am EU Sig 174.

Info from Tesla suggests that we will not get our cars before sometime in Q1 2013. Which makes me think that paying extra for a sig equals 5000 USD for getting the car maybe just a week earlier than the ordinary production models?

I wonder what the extras for Sig buyers will be? I am hoping for an extra set of wheels - winter tyres on 19" rims.

I am also looking forward to more info on model S possibilities of using ChaDeMo charge stations - they are popping up many places in Norway now. A quick charge option is a must as I would like to use my model S also for longer drives like from Oslo to the west coast.

My model S will be a signature performance, pearl white with all black interior, panoramic roof and 21" performance wheels!

I can't wait....:cool:

Widodh,

I am guessing the same - that the model S coming to Oslo is the one from Geneva. Looking at the events list and the calendar I guess it will be here only for little while as there is a car show coming up in Paris just a little over a week after the opening of the Oslo service center. If this is true then any Norwegians that want to see a Model S should make sure to go see it before it moves on...

PS: They claim the service senter in Oslo will be the largest in Europe. There sure is a lot of Roadsters about - I see some everyday. Today even a "very orange" one.

I assume that the red one from Geneva spotted by a member over on the TM forums is the one you are getting to see ...

ManuVince | MARCH 27, 2012The Beta from Geneva is right now in front of my office building in The Netherlands (we are the lucky neighbor of Athlon car leasing).
https://plus.google.com/photos/107602547271204822548/albums/572456452105...
I wouldn't bet on having the car delivered this year in Europe (even for sig holder).

EDIT:entry from
http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/model-s-oslo-april

Last edited:
The event on the 11th is for Signature only. The open days 12-14 though is for everyone. 3 full days of looking at the car, and my job has their biannual seminar on those exact dates :(

Cobos

I'm going on Saturday, but I didn't get an invite to even the open event - I guess they forgot about us Model X reservation holders. Yes, it's not the same car, but I still want to see it!

(You have to admit, it's a bit odd that I got an invite to Santana Row, which is around a 15 hours flight away, but not an event that is happening an hour away by car. The Model X and S aren't *that* different.)

Last edited:
I'm going on Saturday, but I didn't get an invite to even the open event - I guess they forgot about us Model X reservation holders. Yes, it's not the same car, but I still want to see it!

(You have to admit, it's a bit odd that I got an invite to Santana Row, which is around a 15 hours flight away, but not an event that is happening an hour away by car. The Model X and S aren't *that* different.)
In my case I discovered the invitation in my spam folder so you might look there.
Volker: The problem isn't the wife but the money for a Sig. Though we are not leaving for the seminar until the afternoon on the 12th and if I hurry I should be able to do a one hour visit to the shop during the workday on thursday.

Cobos

I'm pretty sure I didn't receive anything.

But anyway, it will be interesting to see the Model S in real life. I've had a hard time trying to image the size of it relative to other cars. It should be a good approximation to the Model X, only with less ground clearence, less head room and a bit less length. And the 17" touchscreen will of course be pretty much identical to the Model X, so it will be interesting to see.

I guess we might also get some answers to whatever questions we might have. (I thought of one question while driving to work today, does anyone know the answer? If you take delivery of a Model S with the 40 kWh battery pack, and in 8 years, replace the battery with a 85 kWh battery pack, will you get the 0-100 km/h figures of the Model S delivered with the 85 kWh battery pack? What if you could replace the battery with a 110 kWh battery, what would that do to the performance?)

Will see some of you guys there. We are flying in to Oslo on the 13th just to get to see the Model S... I also need to decide on whether to upgrade to Sig or not, so it will be good to be able to discuss the matter face to face.

I haven't met a Tesla representative since 2008 in the LA store :)

Will see some of you guys there. We are flying in to Oslo on the 13th just to get to see the Model S... I also need to decide on whether to upgrade to Sig or not, so it will be good to be able to discuss the matter face to face.

I haven't met a Tesla representative since 2008 in the LA store :)

Are you going for the 85kwh battery? I might have thought that would be overkill for Åland, unless you're heading to the mainlands on a regular basis...

I thought of one question while driving to work today, does anyone know the answer? If you take delivery of a Model S with the 40 kWh battery pack, and in 8 years, replace the battery with a 85 kWh battery pack, will you get the 0-100 km/h figures of the Model S delivered with the 85 kWh battery pack? What if you could replace the battery with a 110 kWh battery, what would that do to the performance?

I have no definitive answer but my thoughts are as follows.

• Motor, PEM and cabling are prepared for the power of the 85kWh pack, e.g. delivering 900A max current to the AC induction motor. As a consequence, upgrading from 40kW increases performance.
  • upgrading to > 85kWh won't increase power delivered by the drive train. But these additional 25kWh can reduce voltage sag and heat production in the bigger pack (that is why the smaller packs are limited in performance)