TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S continues to impress #thelittlethings

Discussion in 'Model S' started by HX_Guy, Dec 28, 2016.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

I got such a kick out of this I had to share... :p

Picked up my car this past Friday and today I had some new wheels put on at Discount Tire (got the 21" Turbine grey Tesla wheels in place of the 19" Slipstream). Discount calls that the car is ready, I go pick it up and as soon as I leave I have error on all wheels that the air pressure is super low, even though it wasn't. Guy at Discount says it will take some time to recognize the new TPMS sensors, I was skeptical but I drive off.

Less than 5 minutes of driving later, I get a notification on the main screen that says something to the effect of "We've detected new wheels on your vehicle, please select the option below", and the two options were 19" or 21". I choose 21" and then get a confirmation message that the sensors have been successfully reset. Whoa. Very awesome.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2