Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Convertible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would be very concerned about the structural integrity of the car.

Convertible bodies are very different from the same model hardtops since the roof isn't available to act as the top of a box section. My guess is that the handling really sucks due to body flex and I question what the result of an accident would be, certainly there's no roll over protection at all.

Four-door convertibles just don't work unless they are boxy and have suicide rear doors ('61-'67 Lincoln Continentals). As long as they were fooling around with the structural integrity, they should have just moved the "B" pillar back and lengthened the front door and got rid of the rear doors altogether.

Four-door convertibles just don't work unless they are boxy and have suicide rear doors ('61-'67 Lincoln Continentals). As long as they were fooling around with the structural integrity, they should have just moved the "B" pillar back and lengthened the front door and got rid of the rear doors altogether.

If you go to Newport Convertable Engineering's website you'll see photos of a 2 door Model S convertible. So sounds like you're not the only one that thinks that way.

Model S Convertable

Model S Convertable Conversion

Found this on eBay...

Wow is this ugly. But I guess that is just my view, since I assume others may think it is beautiful. I'm a bit surprised it took so long for someone to convert one.

Tesla Model s Convertible | eBay

$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

Last edited: