Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Coupe Concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Coupe rendering of the Tesla S. Tesla, please make this happen it's so damn sexy!

966968_657651060917209_474419108_o.jpg

Looks like the artist just used a FR-S/BRZ as a template and threw some Model S cues on it. It looks good but I am also a fan of the Scionbaru twins and I also love Hella Flush and stanced vehicles so I am sure those factors are skewing my opinion.

20120331-204607.jpg

It kind of works. But it looks like it's lowered far too much. Will that thing clear a speed bump? I also don't think Mr. von Holzhauzen or Mr. Musk are going to put rims like those on something rolling out of the Fremont factory...

Full disclosure: Personally I'm not in the market. My dad might be, but he doesn't want a two door coupe based on the Model S. Ideally he wants a station wagon at least one size smaller than a fictional Model S station wagon. And he is going to want a factory mounted euro-spec hitch option. And it's possible that he would also want a decent fast-charging network in Sweden before he would consider pulling the trigger.

Last edited:
I like it! With air suspension set to normal (instead of ridiculously low :smile: ) and with 19 or 20" wheels more similar to what the S comes with standard I think it's a winner. I do hope though that the Gen III comes in 4-door version as well as coupe.

If it is smaller than the S and is not so lowered I would buy.

Elon says today the Gen 3 will be 20 percent smaller then the 16 foot long S. (13ft) (Roadster is 12')

Whoo hoo! Perfect! Now make it (Gen 3) proportionally narrower, change out the nose cone, and I'm REALLY happy. Make it a bit more voluptuous, and I'm in heaven. I'm already entirely confident the mechanical specs will be more than acceptable. :)

Now to get back on topic... Wasn't there a thread on this a few weeks ago? I still think that a 196" x 77" 2 door coupe may look good in a pic, but it would be pretty impractical in that the doors would be even longer than the four door doors. The car already is very difficult for ingress/egress in public parking lots, without dinging doors. My colleague wants to buy a Model S but it won't fit in his garage. A coupe only makes the problem worse.

Last edited:
It kind of works. But it looks like it's lowered far too much. Will that thing clear a speed bump? I also don't think Mr. von Holzhauzen or Mr. Musk are going to put rims like those on something rolling out of the Fremont factory...

Full disclosure: Personally I'm not in the market. My dad might be, but he doesn't want a two door coupe based on the Model S. Ideally he wants a station wagon at least one size smaller than a fictional Model S station wagon. And he is going to want a factory mounted euro-spec hitch option. And it's possible that he would also want a decent fast-charging network in Sweden before he would consider pulling the trigger.

It's only a photoshop, as I highly doubt Musk would release a car this low. However, in retrospect the Tesla S is fairly well balanced in terms of height in factory form. The wheel gap isn't horrendous and it looks sporty in comparison to some other "sports" cars that come with a much taller factory height.