Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Coupe?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been there.

GenIII g.jpg

Dear Tesla,

Please change my order to this!

who wants a 2-door that is 196" long? there is to my knowledge no such car currently on the market. with the longer doors it would be impossible to park it next to another car and open the doors - especially given the extreme width of 77".

i like the proportions - for gen 3 - but for model S it seems so contrary to the platform.

here is the 2008 aston martin db9, which is 185" long and 74" wide. adding another 11" of length and 3" of width is not something that i would want in a 2-door as it would either make the doors even longer or make the doors relatively smaller compared to the other panels.

2008 Aston Martin DB9 Base Coupe 5.9L V12 6-speed Automatic Features and Specs

2008 db9.jpg

Last edited:
This describes the Mercedes CL Class. The current version is 199.4 inches. It's only 73.7 inches wide, though. I have the older W215 version and I love it.

i suppose this is one way to deal with the doors/width issue on the CL class!

lsd-mercedes-cl.jpg

and i'm acutely aware that not everyone has my tastes, and in particular that many people like driving very large cars. near me it seems that the majority of vehicles on the road are huge SUVs, being driven solo, and the drivers aren't very good at looking out for others (and certainly not a small car like a roadster) or staying in their lanes/parking spaces. "the bigger the better" is certainly not for me, but i'm very happy that for those who are going to drive such vehicles there is now a more eco-friendly alternative to consider, and the sale of which will help in the development of better EVs in the future that are of a more modest size.

Last edited: