Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am choosing between a 2013 S85 CPO and a 2016 S75 Inventory. I have learned from these boards that there were several things that went wrong often on the 2012 & 2013 models. Should I be concerned that the 2013 CPO would likewise need a lot of repairs?

If you live reasonably close to a service center I wouldn't worry about it, the CPO warranty is excellent.

Your timing is in your favor here as Tesla will likely be discounting the AP1 loaner fleet to move cars for year end and at the same time put production capacity of EAP cars into service. I'd get in touch with an owner advisor if you haven't already and hold out for another week or two but be ready to move quick.

To make your decision more confusing, I'm considering trading or selling my CPO 2013 (which I love and is mint) because I want autopilot and dual motors...

If you are holding out for AP2 hardware, then probably worth getting the 75 over the 85, if you are not bothered about AP - go with the spec you like the most. I just got a CPO with AP1, held out to get the right spec, but really wanted AP1 - but underable to get an inventory car with spec I wanted and AP hardware. Honestly, should have saved myself the money, so far very unimpressed with AP1.