Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Cream vs. Black

Model S Daily Driver: Cream or Black interior?

• Cream

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • Black

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a P100D. Deep Blue Metallic.

Only decision left is interior color.

My main concern is longevity of appearance. I much prefer the look of the cream, but I am concerned about its practicality as a daily driver, especially with the cream carpeting. Dye transfer (my wife and I wear jeans all the time), mud, etc all concern me, and who knows what will happen with kids in the car. Carpeting is bigger concern than the seat color for me. If it were black carpeting with cream seats like the X it would be a no brainer.

Thoughts?

Can't say for the tesla cream, but my wife has a cream interior in her range rover and she regrets it. It seems to require at lot more deep cleaning, versus just wiping it down. This may be because you don't see the lighter colored dust so don't think to whip it as often. I agree that while it looks nice nice when freshly cleaned, it looks bad when dirty, especially the carpeting

@Cutwolf I just ordered a blue and really never agonized. Light interior colors are just too much maintenance, especially with kids. I went with blue on black, without hesitation. In fact I ordered the muti-textile fabric seats, which to my eye look sporty. I've tried them and they're comfortable and breathable. Plus you save $$$. Hope this helps. I have pictures of someone else's fabric seats on a P100D if you're interested.

@Cutwolf I just ordered a blue and really never agonized. Light interior colors are just too much maintenance, especially with kids. I went with blue on black, without hesitation. In fact I ordered the muti-textile fabric seats, which to my eye look sporty. I've tried them and they're comfortable and breathable. Plus you save $$$. Hope this helps. I have pictures of someone else's fabric seats on a P100D if you're interested.

Thanks! I don't like the all black look so I'd probably go black premium with the wood accents, but would be interested in seeing those pictures anyway!

Tan interior looks nice, but the light headliner is a no-go for me. So my vote is for black.

I also prefer the multi-pattern seats. Much more comfy and great in the summer. On a P100D however the black vegan interior is free of charge so a bit tougher decision then.

Reactions: DIL
We have the Cream/Midnight Silver Metallic combo and it looks great. Though keeping the cream clean is/was a concern.

We use the Maxpider floor mats (plush black) to protect the carpets.

There hasn't been any issue keeping the interior clean yet (no kids) though I am beginning to research cleaning products.

If you go with cream, all weather floor mats are required. At my delivery, the Tesla rep flipped the carpet mats over so they wouldn't get dirty. I drove the car that way until the rubber ones arrived.

Otherwise, I've not had any issues keeping the cream interior clean. I wear jeans daily to work. If you need a referral code, let us know.

Blue exterior, full black interior, love it. Kids 8 and 10, no problem with fingerprints on the headliner. Fabric seats, no dye transfer issues and they wear incredibly well - still look brand-new. New fabric ones are nicer than mine. Would make the same choices again today.

I love this question. . I had chance to upgrade from 90D pre production to 100D but my configuration wasn't available in the 100D. . . I LOVE the cream / tan interior, but I have black headliner, carpet dash etc.

Dye transfer happens. . .really only in driver's seat so far even though I have 8 kids and a wife, but the car pros "interior" spray takes 98% out. . .it's not building and it's really only noticeable if you look for it. I do have ventilation (ie holes) in my seats so that may play a role in mitigating the appearance of dye. . .

good luck! I recommend the cream!