Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Custom Order - Ready for pick up in NJ - Cheers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought both of mine at Springfield. My Model S is red with black too. Good luck with your delivery.

Already have XPel on my S and X. Good shop in Hillsborough if you are looking, but you are probably quite a bit north of here.

How much you paid for XPel? Do you have pics of Model S Red with Xpel?

Only did front end, mirrors and pillars in XPel on each and I had paint correction and cQuartz coating on both for a little under $3k. cQaurtz seems to make the car a deeper red in my view, but doesn't show in pics very well.

4TrFkKxtQrbyC32k3coEzhrqzvkXULUauBuaoXdNaE5UszUi2F2n15Li_9lgCqFEyn23dZZlY2VQk8e33H8yFH8ybTnqM1Mj6d-7kR_2ZDZtGTPoK1ZamDeMZG6qdjI9rK4OAIzeEk_3QojhbAwBimnwgJVk6LNsyxfhD4nsF0_cpHa7EduMR9NJcqY8JmfInnNLtV8DslzmS9dtTN7xYE8wY6TVOP6yeiCgCosb-Mg5zYP1DpcfKzqwkqzZufB2teph93VonNRRw0lR2W67OygyI4KQ9qGURO3p9-TnMSMbSSJEczpgK_uYrv00nwnu2zRahgces1FxjnXM5phsISbJYzK9v-2jy8dUzW9cSs0w_4I9bXY6cCyIzlw6hZmh4cGOKX_6JDGg9n2PKSxBi4El7RN3PkH3U6S75sk_3xgGfeRno18LyHmSh1PNC1Rcr6zkozRcgQELUqgFhz1cYoR0TVE7NBLEhLlNs77P-ZH_KBN1dwmesw7oVIep7AkVu2Lt_TP0OSNyEVcj_empGm819RTfO3BhQAFxun3_is8JUrX7q_aGq_ZP4bnyRKnY1g4CZgY7E_XTmcBnVUnyNAOMTrtF5SNfYpIItljjKPA=w1225-h919-no

Curious how you’ll like the RFS. I’m considering them for my 3 and 5 year olds
One of the main reasons we bought the car. Ours are currently 6 (a bit small for her age) and 3 (about average) and they *love* it. Mom and dad love it too! It’s their own little world back there and the “cubbies” down in the wheel wells are perfect for coats, backpacks, and lunchboxes.

On a trip > 2 hrs, I will usually install their car seats, but otherwise it’s RFS all the way.

One thing I consider a must is some high quality tint. That’s a LOT of glass over their heads and it can get pretty hot in the dead of summer. You don’t need to go dark any more, so if that’s a concern, it shouldn’t be.

Also make judicious use of preheating and precooling. For air conditioning, use the “fresh air” vent and not recirc (which seems a little counterintuitive) and aim the rear seat vents up and they’ll be all set.

Heat hasn’t been an issue- they are usually the first to complain it’s too hot.

We are expecting to get another ~2-3 years of use for the 6 y/o (maybe more) and at least another 5 for the 3 y/o. So nice to be able to easily carry little friends home from school, to the playground, etc.

YMMV, but it’s been a huge hit in our family.

Reactions: DIL
One of the main reasons we bought the car. Ours are currently 6 (a bit small for her age) and 3 (about average) and they *love* it. Mom and dad love it too! It’s their own little world back there and the “cubbies” down in the wheel wells are perfect for coats, backpacks, and lunchboxes.

On a trip > 2 hrs, I will usually install their car seats, but otherwise it’s RFS all the way.

One thing I consider a must is some high quality tint. That’s a LOT of glass over their heads and it can get pretty hot in the dead of summer. You don’t need to go dark any more, so if that’s a concern, it shouldn’t be.

Also make judicious use of preheating and precooling. For air conditioning, use the “fresh air” vent and not recirc (which seems a little counterintuitive) and aim the rear seat vents up and they’ll be all set.

Heat hasn’t been an issue- they are usually the first to complain it’s too hot.

We are expecting to get another ~2-3 years of use for the 6 y/o (maybe more) and at least another 5 for the 3 y/o. So nice to be able to easily carry little friends home from school, to the playground, etc.

YMMV, but it’s been a huge hit in our family.
Thanks for the in-depth thoughts. I go back and forth mostly because of the cost, and not sure if the kids will love it. I actually have three kids, so it would be nice to not have to cram three across in the 2nd row. Regarding the overheating issue, that's a common complaint, but we're only doing very short trips in this car. Long distance will be in the minivan. I'm placing my order soon, so have to decide.

@KCapital @Cirrus MS100D
How tall are your kids? According to Tesla, the height limit is only 37"? That would mean my 5 and 6 year olds are already too tall and only the 3 year old would fit. That would really limit the utility for me.
I think you got it backwards - the RFS can only be used for children above 37" and between the weights of 35 and 77lbs. In other words, they are *not* infant seats.

As for the height limit, I'm glad they didn't really list one because it's very dependent on torso/leg proportions. In other words, a kid with super long legs but a short torso might fit very comfortably back there with plenty of room between their head and the rear hatch glass, but a kid with shorter legs and a long torso might be cutting it close distance-wise, so saying xyz" maximum height isn't really helpful.

I think you got it backwards - the RFS can only be used for children above 37" and between the weights of 35 and 77lbs. In other words, they are *not* infant seats.

As for the height limit, I'm glad they didn't really list one because it's very dependent on torso/leg proportions. In other words, a kid with super long legs but a short torso might fit very comfortably back there with plenty of room between their head and the rear hatch glass, but a kid with shorter legs and a long torso might be cutting it close distance-wise, so saying xyz" maximum height isn't really helpful.
Ahhhhh! That makes more sense. I was in the Walnut Creek store and the new guy gave me the wrong info. RFS go back into my build....