Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Customer Begins Blog on TTAC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah could someone that has better english and is better at explaining this please pick apart his conclusion.
The roadster and probably the Model S do have direct mechanical drive, pulling energy from a battery is above 90% efficiency as far as I know, but I don't have any facts to back that up.
If you charge slowly the losses are neglicable etc. etc.

Cobos

Very nice doug. I actually got chills when I read his response.
clap.gif

Nice job. The only comment I have is that a modern ultracritical steam plant (coal fired or in the near future, nuclear) is 45-48% efficient.
I wanted to err on the conservative side to reduce the chances of someone calling BS. I also didn't want to spend to much time on it. Mainly I'm happy the guy was able to accept a simple thermodynamic argument.

A second installment:

Tesla Roadster Buyer Report 2: Crickets Chirping | The Truth About Cars
It’s now been four months since I sent in my $5,000 deposit on a Tesla S all-electric four-door sedan. I still think it’s a cool car, but so far I’m very disappointed in Tesla’s communications with us S owners. After an initial flurry of messages confirming the order, assigning me a production number, and inviting me to the opening of the New York Tesla store, I’ve heard exactly zilch from the factory.

He put up $5000 just so he could complain about Tesla on TTAC? I thought people could do that for free.

I see from the comments that after delivering 700 cars Tesla still produces "vaporware".

Predictable, sad but completely predictable.

Thanks ... I never would have found it otherwise, the way this website is totally disorganized when it comes to finding updates to specific blogs. How did you find part 2 BTW?

Oh one more thing - I don't know why he's not getting any updates from them, since I get their monthly email newsletter...and another thing, yeah their owners section forum is very much dead - which is why I hang out here instead, there's always something going on here on TMC.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the missing newsletter is simply Tesla's buggy email-software. We've had several people here complaining that they don't get the newsletters, regardless of if you ordered something or not.

As I've said earlier, the guy got a production number... some hasn't even gotten that...

Cobos