TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Dash screen went black as i was going out of town...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by jlucero, Dec 21, 2016.

1. jlucero

jlucero Member

yesterday, the dash screen (in front of driver) was black when i got in the car. the center large screen was on and fine. i tried reseting the car (on steering wheel), and it still didnt come back on. i was trying to move the car, and was able to drive the car. i messed with it for another 5-10 minutes before i left with no luck. i had to leave to the airport and now am out of town. im posting this to see how to deal with this when i get back. anyone have this issue?

2. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

Hard reset will fix it, no worries. Press and Hold both scroll wheels until main screen goes dark...
    Press and Hold both buttons above the scroll wheels until dash goes dark.
    These two procedures reset both systems.

3. jlucero

jlucero Member

hmm....i thought i tried that with no luck. i guess its hard to tell cause the dash screen is already black...so hard to tell when that is supposed to go black. i did press both for about 30 seconds.

4. Gig103

Gig103 Member

I'd call the service center while you're on your trip. One of the perks to a Tesla is the remote diagnosis capabilities. It also might help that while you're gone for a few days it should go into a deep sleep overnight and that might help it recover too.

5. jlucero

jlucero Member

ah ok, the SC said to press on the button above the center steering wheel buttons (the center ones reset the main screen)...i guess the ones above it reset the dash screen. will try when i get back into town.