Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Dashboard and console controls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who's the provider of lookup song by "name and artist" functionality that we saw demonstrated back in October?

The tunein.com web page doesn't appear to have the ability to look up "song + artist" to find a station current playing the desired music.

Looks like it's probably Slacker...

Related quotes:
Tesla Model S Deliveries | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Another interesting cloud service is the album art display (here seen to the right of the speedometer, but normally on the big screen for me). No matter what the music source (radio, satellite, internet from overseas or personalized channels, bluetooth from your phone, or as in this case, MP3s on a thumb drive in one of the USB ports), the car sends a music sample for sound recognition and fetches a high-res image of the album art and the song's metadata, so the song process bar and title are part of the display...

Tesla Model S test ride and factory tour (video) -- Engadget
...Media playback was a big thing on display, with the car able to aggregate music from multiple sources, like a generously sized internal HDD and Slacker Radio. Other sources are coming soon...

Maybe they use Shazam?

If discussed earlier forgive me, but this is a big thread.
Everyone has some feature they love that's missing from the Model S.

My feature is steering wheel button based cruise control. Although I can adapt to using the stalk attached to the left side of the steering column, I'd much prefer using steering wheel buttons.

Once on the road I rarely use a gas pedal, preferring to slightly tweak my speed to match traffic every few seconds using my thumb on a steering wheel based control. Realizing that Tesla's programmers and user interface designers can attach functions to the steering wheel buttons, my request is that they add cruise control to those buttons as one of the selectable functions.

Adaptive cruise control is great, but requires new hardware and software. It appears software alone can bring existing cruise control to those of us who are stalk impaired. And it gets the cruise control function into user interface software, allowing easier integration of adaptive cruise control at a later time.

Not a total failure but, at the Palo Alto event, in the Catalina White car on static display, I noticed that the climate control numbers at the bottom were intermittently flickering and auto-magically toggling between Celsius and Fahrenheit without any user interaction. Something that might necessitate a reboot to fix?!

I do the exact same thing using the lever on my MB. I believe the location is very close to where it is on my car and I don't belive you will have any issue adjusting.
If discussed earlier forgive me, but this is a big thread.
Everyone has some feature they love that's missing from the Model S.

My feature is steering wheel button based cruise control. Although I can adapt to using the stalk attached to the left side of the steering column, I'd much prefer using steering wheel buttons.

Once on the road I rarely use a gas pedal, preferring to slightly tweak my speed to match traffic every few seconds using my thumb on a steering wheel based control. Realizing that Tesla's programmers and user interface designers can attach functions to the steering wheel buttons, my request is that they add cruise control to those buttons as one of the selectable functions.

Adaptive cruise control is great, but requires new hardware and software. It appears software alone can bring existing cruise control to those of us who are stalk impaired. And it gets the cruise control function into user interface software, allowing easier integration of adaptive cruise control at a later time.

I got this info only when I ... mentioned that you can see an X windows icon as the display resets from dev mode.
That's a great tactic. Someone with a good video cam and a steady hand should try this...
I heard on the forums that there's a bug in the 17" display that happens when you flip through the manual slowly while recording it on video. Apparently it only happens if you flip through the entire manual, and happens on the very last page.

Not a total failure but, at the Palo Alto event, in the Catalina White car on static display, I noticed that the climate control numbers at the bottom were intermittently flickering and auto-magically toggling between Celsius and Fahrenheit without any user interaction. Something that might necessitate a reboot to fix?!

Interesting find! I wonder if maybe that was a physical "bug".
If you tap the temperature display (tiny, upper left corner), the display toggles between F and C for all temperature displays.
Could a mounting issue have caused a "touch" to be registering on that display's upper corner? Bona fide question, not a suggested root cause... I'm not sure if the touch detection works that way or not.

(Likewise, tapping the clock in the extreme upper right toggles AM/PM and 24:00 time displays, too).