Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Deep Blue Metallic w/Stealth Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm new here. I assume many of you also frequent /r/teslamotors and this post may be redundant. But I thought I'd share with everyone anyway.

I recently got my S (12/13) and dropped it off at Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Dulles, Virginia the following morning. They applied xPel Stealth to the entire car and coated everything with Ceramic Pro/Rain/Light. I picked up on 12/21, so I've actually "had" the car for a week today.

Anyway, here are the pics from the wrap process and the final result. I love it! :D

Ah, the inevitable first question. Expect to pay $4-7k for a full xPel Stealth wrap with Ceramic Pro (or similar) on top. This includes the entire car wrap and all surfaces coated in Ceramic Pro, including the wheels, calipers, all glass and trim, etc. It's about a week worth of work, too.
I ended up wrapping the front of mine due to cost. Between that and the tinting we were set back around $3k. Would that I could to wrap the whole thing as you did! I see you're in the NoVA area. Did you have the dudes at TLC auto do it?

Mine is getting XPEL UItime put on full front today after paint correction (did yours need paint correction too?). Coating tomorrow. Then I get my car back and I can really enjoy it without worry. Rock chips are for real.

@JoshM -- your car looks great with the Stealth all over. If I was wrapping my entire car, I'd consider that. I also have Deep Metallic Blue and I love the color. I'm using Chicago Auto Pros. out in Glenview. I know they do good work (some of the best). I'll post photos after mine is finished.

did yours need paint correction too?

It was included in the price but I didn't specifically ask how much "correction" was needed. I know they have to wash/claybar/etc. before they start, regardless of the state of the paint.

The car looks great, IMO, and it looks very different depending on the light. I just took a peek at her from my 4th floor office and the color looks almost black right now. Still looks cool. :)

It looks very nice! Is the main benefit that it won't scratch as easy or does it increase the appearance as well? Looks great in the photos!

xPel is a thick plastic "sheet" which protects the car's paint from scratches. If you do get a scratch (on the film), it will repair itself if left in the hot sun or if you pour warm/hot water on the scratch. So yes, the primary goal is to protect the car from scratches. I could have got xPel Ultimate which is completely clear (you can't even tell it's there), but I figured since I'm doing the whole car, Stealth (Ultimate, but "frosted") would look cool.

Reactions: Manzacoty
XPEL or other products (Suntek is the other major brand) are vinyl wraps that protect against more than scratches. They are the only kind of protection for rock chips and other paint damage. As my detailer explained, Tesla has to comply with California environmental regulations that prevent paint hardeners commonly used by other auto manufacturers. That makes their cars especially vulnerable and therefore they need XPEL. It made sense to me.

Looks better than I expected. I have the deep blue original paint as well but opted for matte purple vinyl wrap with xpel over the front which has saved my paint job a couple of times of scratching against pillars and what not.

It's smart to get xpel all over if you can afford it.