Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S deliveries slip to 8-12 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been toying with the idea of ordering a new S to replace my 2013 P85+ and this week I’ve seen the delivery estimate change from 1-3 weeks to 8-12 weeks tonight.

Is this a sign of an imminent upgrade forthcoming?

I’m programmed to seeing delivery estimates slip and there being a new product launch imminent with all my Apple devices.

I’ve been toying with the idea of ordering a new S to replace my 2013 P85+ and this week I’ve seen the delivery estimate change from 1-3 weeks to 8-12 weeks tonight.

Is this a sign of an imminent upgrade forthcoming?

I’m programmed to seeing delivery estimates slip and there being a new product launch imminent with all my Apple devices.
There has been some speculation that the cars mad in the near future will have the new battery tech and will coincide with Battery day

I ordered on 7/1 and they found an inventory car on 7/6 that was manufactured in June. I think I would rather wait the 8-12 weeks to see what is coming. I am assuming the longer order time is due to something coming since they dont seem to be backlogged, at least with MS orders.

Domestic deliveries slip because Tesla is now shipping most production to Asia and Europe. They need to do this now because it takes a long time to get them across the Ocean and through the ports. They will be getting them staged so they can be delivered in those countries by the end of next Quarter.

in August/September, fresh production will be staged for deliveries to Canada, East Coast and SouthEast. Next September California deliveries will be done within just a few days of rolling off the line.

Has nothing to do with Battery Day.

Reactions: ucmndd
Yeah, I decided to move forward with the inventory car. Seems silly to worry so much about the "next big update". The 2020 MS is pretty awesome right now, especially compared to the 2015 MS that I have been driving for 5 years!!

20200421_111831 (3).jpg Best of luck on the inventory vehicle. As you point out, with the current feature set and pricing reductions, hard to go wrong. The conundrum of fast evolving technologies!