Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery date moved up drastically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had delivery date 9/23-9/30, now read sept 30-oct 20. reading about people who are being asked to pay new $10,000 pricing upcharge, to get their car. Do we really have to go there, tesla? we, who ordered before the refresh and before the new pricing are now being penalized for being repeat good tesla fans. This feels a little criminal. several articles to this tune. Disappointed beyond belief.

Reactions: oktane and aerodyne
Took delivery of my Model S LR 19" Blk/Blk on Thursday night last week in Toronto. Awesome ! RN1143
Don't forget to update the tracking sheet:

Ordered Mine July 14th blue/long range/19"/cream and was showing Aug/Sept, then Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec now end of Jan to mid Feb. I agree why even put anything in that area? I have a trade in as well I'd like to do to bring the cost down, but is kind of hard trying to keep the miles down on it when they push it over and over.

Ordered Mine July 14th blue/long range/19"/cream and was showing Aug/Sept, then Sept/Oct, Nov/Dec now end of Jan to mid Feb. I agree why even put anything in that area? I have a trade in as well I'd like to do to bring the cost down, but is kind of hard trying to keep the miles down on it when they push it over and over.

It may be that the price of your trade in will continue to go up...small consolation I know..

This year
Ordered mine in April. Model S - red exterior, white interior. Now showing January delivery. Was originally 4-10 weeks. Then moved to August. I returned my previously leased Model S when it was due in August and 10 days later got an e-mail pushing delivery to February. Now January. The cyclic in me wonders if orders placed before price increases are being pushed to back of queue in hopes of a cancellation

Ordered mine in April. Model S - red exterior, white interior. Now showing January delivery. Was originally 4-10 weeks. Then moved to August. I returned my previously leased Model S when it was due in August and 10 days later got an e-mail pushing delivery to February. Now January. The cyclic in me wonders if orders placed before price increases are being pushed to back of queue in hopes of a cancellation
Pre-price hike orders are absolutely being moved to the back of the queue. That is a fact.

i was offered an unwanted black on black that I was about to accept however instead of the 95k which is my ordered car it became 106000 and my lease payment went from 1500 to 1900 so I declined it hoping I will be getting mine soon. I think if I was a newer order with a very long wait I would have taken it

And or, when you get your delivery, you will be more inclined to accept someone else's reject.

Or maybe both! What a way to treat early orders!

My S with no options was ordered in June and is at the delivery center. I’ve been rescheduled several times for delivery. They say they are waiting for firmware update before they can deliver. Question the accuracy of what I’m being told.
I was told the same thing for my Nov 26th delivery before I asked for the VIN to be unassigned. My understanding is the firmware issue has been resolved (the Fremont delivery overflow lot is empty now), so I'm surprised they are still saying that.

My S with no options was ordered in June and is at the delivery center. I’ve been rescheduled several times for delivery. They say they are waiting for firmware update before they can deliver. Question the accuracy of what I’m being told.

I'd go down there and take a look if possible. Just in case there are hardware issues...like transportation damages..