Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine too!!!:tongue:
Production completed today..Started on 11/19
The dashboard, I believe is not updated as often as it is done internally.
But even DS can't tell exactly when it will complete( I spoke to him only yesterday)
Obviously, actual delivery depends on the transportation to SC(east coast-add another week), and whether picking up at SC or delivery to home.
Mine is home delivery( about 230 miles from nearest SC) scheduled for 12/5.

Gratz!
I had my DS confirm that it had indeed completed production, after I saw its status change on my dashboard. My DS is currently working to get an early delivery - fingers crossed.
I too will have a home delivery ( 450 miles from Denver SC). They show that an SC will be put in Albq, NM, but no word on when.

Curious about Delivery Process

My Model S is scheduled for delivery 12/21. It is coming from Dallas to Tulsa. The DS says they are looking for a carrier and he will let me know. My question is, $100,000 on a car and I get to talk to the UPS driver? Does Tesla send anybody up with the car to give you any sort of orientation?

Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with delivery process away from a service center.

thanks.

Model S 85kWh | Black | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss Decor | 19" Wheels Primacy Tires | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Ultra Sound | Air Suspension | Twin Chargers | Fog Lamps | Parking Sensors l Extended Leather Trim l Premium Interior Lighting l Subzero Weather Pkg

My Model S is scheduled for delivery 12/21. It is coming from Dallas to Tulsa. The DS says they are looking for a carrier and he will let me know. My question is, $100,000 on a car and I get to talk to the UPS driver? Does Tesla send anybody up with the car to give you any sort of orientation?

Just curious if anyone else has had any experience with delivery process away from a service center.

thanks.

Model S 85kWh | Black | Tan Leather | Obeche Wood Gloss Decor | 19" Wheels Primacy Tires | Pano Roof | Tech Pkg | Ultra Sound | Air Suspension | Twin Chargers | Fog Lamps | Parking Sensors l Extended Leather Trim l Premium Interior Lighting l Subzero Weather Pkg

Unless things have changed, Home Delivery means it gets rolled off the truck and you are on your own. I watched the video on the TM site about 20X while waiting for my car so while I took delivery at a Service Center about 1+ hours away from my home I felt there was nothing the TM SC told me that I did not already know about the car.

Also, have you memorized the manual? I took delivery ca 1000km from SC, the car rolled off the truck, the driver gave me two keyfobs in a sealed plastic bag and a paper to sign. Then handed me a folder with all the documents from Tesla and a bag with the transport companies t-shirt (that was probably extra) ;)

Mario does still exist. I thought it might be weeks before we heard from him. :biggrin: Hope you are enjoying your new ride.

Mario does still exist. I thought it might be weeks before we heard from him. :biggrin: Hope you are enjoying your new ride.

Haha, I do enjoy it :D the media attention is a bit weird though. Got an interview on Sunday evening scheduled and now the biggest newspaper wants to organize a 220 mile road trip to see if we can do it as that's kind of the main thing most people throw against the electrics that this common back and forth 175km trip can't be done without charging in winter. Might take them up on it ;)

Haha, I do enjoy it :D the media attention is a bit weird though. Got an interview on Sunday evening scheduled and now the biggest newspaper wants to organize a 220 mile road trip to see if we can do it as that's kind of the main thing most people throw against the electrics that this common back and forth 175km trip can't be done without charging in winter. Might take them up on it ;)

IF (may be too tight) you can make that trip tomorrow without cameras/media as a test run it might be a good idea. I know if I volunteered to do something like that for the media I would run out of KWs 1 mile from home :wink:

Glad all is going well though. Convinced anyone else in Estonia to buy one?

IF (may be too tight) you can make that trip tomorrow without cameras/media as a test run it might be a good idea. I know if I volunteered to do something like that for the media I would run out of KWs 1 mile from home :wink:

Glad all is going well though. Convinced anyone else in Estonia to buy one?

Valid point about the test run ;) though I don't think it would be an issue. Going at 90 km/h on the hoghway I saw average consumption close to the rated range which means that at full charge I should be able to do 100 km more than the trip takes. So my buffer is that the average Wh/km can be as high as ~230-240 to make it from 100% to 0%. But I'd of course start prepared with warmed battery and heated salon.

With regard to sales, yes I know of at least one person who placed an order while on chat with me on FB and was asking about all the paperwork involved and I've gotten about 10 calls from people who plan to order now thanks to what they have seen/heard. I today shared my TCO spreadsheet that anyone can use to compare and with this comparison the default is a nicely loaded Audi A6 that comes to 100 eur more expensive per month to own than a nicely loaded S85. So I hope for even more sales :)

Yes for December delivery. Got an email from owner experience with my VIN: 5YJSA1DP2CFP01907

sequence P1817

Blue Paint, All Glass Panoramic Roof, Rear Carbon Fiber Spoiler, 21" Grey Wheels
Grey Performance Interior, Carbon Fiber Décor
85 kWh Battery, Tech Package, Sound Studio Package, Active Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf
Twin Chargers, High Power Wall Connector
Hi Gary, I just purchased your first Tesla. Was wondering if you can offer me some history on the car?