Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like I said - I asked to clarify this point several times as I find it hard to believe, based on what I read on this forum, that my car is in production. Although, it would mean that they had a snowballs chance of actually catching the end of my MVPA window.

Bottom line, the rep would only say that the factory is saying mu car has progressed to a point where no modification, not even paint, can be made.

P3853 - 85kW, Grey, 19'', Air Ride, Tech, Child Seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is interesting, as I was able to make a change to P4996 on November 5. I realize I am way behind you, but it does make me wonder about the significance of the freeze. Obviously they must gather vehicles into scheduled bathes prior to releasing to the production line, but how far in advance would that need to be?

- - - Updated - - -

This is interesting, as I was able to make a change to P4996 on November 5. I realize I am way behind you, but it does make me wonder about the significance of the freeze. Obviously they must gather vehicles into scheduled bathes prior to releasing to the production line, but how far in advance would that need to be?

Update: P Sig #466 (VIN 820) showed up on my doorstep today!

Grats tezco! Curious, right before delivery, did you get an email to go to tesla's site to set up your delivery? Wondering if that's something new.

This maybe irrelevant, or contradicted the minute I post this, but I contacted the Ownership Experience guys about changing my paint color today. After I was transferred to change department the rep there called the factory to see where my car was in the process. A few hours later he responded with a statement that my car was in a position where the paint color could not be changed and that I would be contacted with a more precise deliver date.

I've asked for further clarification although I doubt I'll get any.

P3853 - 85kW, Grey, 19'', Air Ride, Tech, Child Seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I'd out TOO much stock in that. Since the summer, I'd been told the same, until I was told my car had been pushed back yet again last month. At that point a concession was made to allow me to change my color. It was explained to me that the options are locked in months in advance, and your car is considered "in production", even though it may not physically being produced just yet,

Anyone else just get this email?

skitch.png

Edit: There's now a delivery button on the My Tesla website and this is what's inside:

skitch.png

Edit again: This is the final confirmation information:

skitch.png

Just got mine!! But the link keeps taking me to "My Garage" on the Tesla page? You?

Is there a red Delivery button on the right?

- - - Updated - - -

Not for P813. What did you order to jump so far ahead of all of us??

They probably know I manage the spreadsheet and want me to get mine so I stop maintaining it and it's not so much of a thorn in their sides :D

Not for P813. What did you order to jump so far ahead of all of us??

In all seriousness, they did mention batching on one of the delivery pages (sorry, I didn't grab a screenshot because I was racing through it, for obvious reasons!), so I'm guessing my car is batched together with another group. that means I might get it sooner than others.

It's also worth noting that they may be batching these emails as well, so as to not overwhelm the delivery staff when several thousand people all start emailing them back at the same time with questions and issues. So, you may just have to wait a day or two to get your email. Who knows, maybe they're going to get them out of the factory earlier than we think? I mean, mine has to be getting close to being on the general assembly line (if it isn't already), for them to make the first date of 12/8 even feasible. That's only a week and a half away!

- - - Updated - - -

I sure hope we're not waiting on Tesla to translate the delivery app into French before they arrange Canadian Signature deliveries. :)

Votre voiture sera livrée bientôt! (Sorry, that's Google Translate talking, because I've forgotten all my high school French! :p )