Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally received my final MVPA this morning, after being told I'd have it back on Wednesday. Signed, and got it off to PenFed to finalize my loan. They'll express the disbursement so I get it Tuesday. Then got a call from Tesla Seattle, saying my car's on a truck they'll be unloading Monday. I'll pick up my Model S Wednesday morning. Is this finally real??

Update on VIN #4270: My PS e-mailed me Thursday evening to say my car was on its way, and we talked earlier today (me at airport, about to fly home) for him to triple-check some info. I got the final MVPA and signed it, and Tesla countersigned it around 11 PM my time (8 PM west coast)--working late, I see! ;-) The mileage says it'll be 50, but we know that's probably highballed.

The final MVPA says delivery will be on/about Feb. 8th. Since it's already on the way across the country, that seems likely--maybe even sooner? Well, I'm picking up at Rockville (had hoped for home delivery, so we'll see--still possible, though that might delay things due to scheduling).

SO EXCITED! :cool:

Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Accuracy of delivery estimates at time of finalization

Curious over these dates. Now that all builds are being done or are to start in a month, finalization delivery windows feb/march for reservations up over 14500. Unless there have been large number of cancellations or deferrals they are either setting unrealistic time frames or are making over 600 cars a week. Any ideas. Haven't heard of many cancellation posted here. Is it possible they have gone over 600 cars a week

Then got a call from Tesla Seattle, saying my car's on a truck they'll be unloading Monday. I'll pick up my Model S Wednesday morning. Is this finally real??

FYI, my office is just down the street from Tesla Seattle, and I shot a quick photo of the Truck o' Teslas parked just behind the store today. It's not a great photo, but I thought people would be excited about it anyway. Two whites, two blacks, one brown (that's the one on the bottom), one blue, and one mysteriously wrapped. Later in the day, I saw them all in the service center being prepped. Big week for Seattle!

I might be shooting photos until mine arrives. :)

photo (22).JPG

FYI, my office is just down the street from Tesla Seattle, and I shot a quick photo of the Truck o' Teslas parked just behind the store today. It's not a great photo, but I thought people would be excited about it anyway. Two whites, two blacks, one brown (that's the one on the bottom), one blue, and one mysteriously wrapped. Later in the day, I saw them all in the service center being prepped. Big week for Seattle!

I might be shooting photos until mine arrives. :)
Thanks for this!

MyCar.jpg

"Discovered" my VIN yesterday through the mobile app...4874! My delivery window is Feb 21-Mar7.

Thanks for the idea, I tried logging in again just now and was able to get mine too -- 4816! (It's there in the app, but not in MyTesla.) My delivery window in Feb 2 - 16, but I will be on vacation, so have previously requested factory pick-up on the 23rd (not yet confirmed).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the idea, I tried logging in again just now and was able to get mine too -- 4816!
I called up Tesla to try to get the full VIN. I was immediately requested not to use the mobile app until I get my car. They say apparently it's caused some unforeseen problems as cars are being produced. While I'm locked out of the app functionality itself since the access is disabled in the car by default, it's still probably contacting the car's computer. If I had to guess this could be causing problems with upgrading the firmware or testing the remote connection. Anyhow, I figured I'd pass this warning along.

Thanks for the idea, I tried logging in again just now and was able to get mine too -- 4816! (It's there in the app, but not in MyTesla.) My delivery window in Feb 2 - 16, but I will be on vacation, so have previously requested factory pick-up on the 23rd (not yet confirmed).

@Ryan...If you don't mind me asking, what's your seq # and config? I have the same window with factory pick up as well, but no VIN yet--even w/ app