Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello George,

I am having a bit of an issue with my delivery. Specifically the date. My initial dates were May 9-23rd. My DS had informed me that the car is end of line on May 23rd. Called on the 24th and they tell me it is still in manufacturing. I have a booked delivery date of June 3rd but at this time I have heard nothing from Tesla whether or not this date is still happening or not. If my car was to be 10 days from factory to Toronto and the original latest date the 23rd, then my car should have been off the line no later than the 13th of May.

I run my own business and for me to have a day open like this without knowing what I am doing is not acceptable. Also, I had called the service center in Toronto about some accessories I would like upon delivery and they tell me I would have to drive over to the service depot after I take delivery of my car, which is at another location. When spending 110k for a car, why do I need to run around for accessories that I requested upon delivery, I think the Tesla team should have them available to me when I pick up the car.

Now that Home Delivery has been canceled for customers that live close to the service depots, early reservations holders should have been offered a valet pick up to bring them to the delivery center, seeing that home delivery was a selling feature of a Tesla at the time of reservation.

There are other issues involved with my experience so far with Tesla's delivery performance but I won't get into them here. I would just like to know where my car is seeing that know one really knows at your end.

Robert
VIN 10675

App connected this morning and HPWC is being installed this morning... haven't heard from the local DS yet but am assuming the 6/8 date is still the target. Hopefully just 10 more days. :cool:

My app still says no car assigned yet. My pickup is next Thursday. I believe it will actually arrive at the service center either Tuesday or Wednesday. I plan on stoping by a day early to see her. ;)

Now if only my app would connect, and verify her.

Congrats!!! We also just received the payment paperwork and temp registration this afternoon so don't have any hope now of earlier than 6/8 based on what we have seen but can still hope for an earlier delivery. Glad the paperwork for the DMV will read 6/8 regardless for the tax savings. You should be fine as well with a 6/2 date. Hope it goes smoothly and are jealous but hope you have fun driving around on Sun. :biggrin:

Looks like you're just about a week behind me... I took care of payment today, and should get a confirmed delivery date tomorrow. Tentative delivery date is 6/2 (Sunday).

- - - Updated - - -

I tried each morning... it did happen early as my wife tried about 30 min before I did and didn't see it connect. It will happen soon though am a little surprised it didn't already.

My app still says no car assigned yet. My pickup is next Thursday. I believe it will actually arrive at the service center either Tuesday or Wednesday. I plan on stoping by a day early to see her. ;)

Now if only my app would connect, and verify her.

Some of these dates are all over the place. My order finalized on 5/22, I got a delivery button on 5/27 after filling that out it said my window is 5/25 - 6/10. Is this normal? I have not had any info since. I tried to email and call Tesla to ask about paying for the car and had to leave a message. No response from either. What number do you call to check into this? My app on my iPhone was saying no car linked to this account, now it says that either the user name or password is incorrect. Is this normal at this stage?

irishstoutaz: So you got a temporary registration? I don't know what that's about. I have submitted our payment for our car last week - the cash beyond the Tesla financing. I don't have my car appearing on our app yet. And I'm getting my car on the 10th. Our DS said it would be available on the 6th, but it would be best to schedule it out a few days to account for any issues in production. I haven't seen this suggestion from anyone else. Some people seem to be getting their cars ahead of mine and are even out-of-state. But, it will all be a distant memory soon, once we all have our cars. I know I just need patience. I would like to find out if there's any way to get a jump start on getting the clean air sticker for the carpool lane (CA). That takes so long to get. If I can get any verification of ownership early, I'd like to do that. I do have personalized plates I could use, too, rather than waiting for the DMV to issue new ones. I've emailed my DS about this, but I haven't heard anything yet.
VIN: 11381

You would definitely be the quickest if you do get it during your window... might have been one configured the same as what you requested and where someone was not able to proceed with the purchase.

Call ownership at (877) 798-3752 and just hope for a real person but leave a message if you don't get one. You can also send them an e-mail via: ownership (at) teslamotors (dot) com. Still took us multiple attempts to get to a person that would respond but since then the communication has been ok.

Some of these dates are all over the place. My order finalized on 5/22, I got a delivery button on 5/27 after filling that out it said my window is 5/25 - 6/10. Is this normal? I have not had any info since. I tried to email and call Tesla to ask about paying for the car and had to leave a message. No response from either. What number do you call to check into this? My app on my iPhone was saying no car linked to this account, now it says that either the user name or password is incorrect. Is this normal at this stage?

- - - Updated - - -

cablue: you are most likely a little different than us since you are in CA where we are in AZ and they are not allowed to sell in AZ yet so I think they take care of all the paperwork before delivery. We even need to pay in advance rather than just giving a check to the DS during delivery. Definitely not sure about your sticker given we just get an Alternative Fuel plate here and occurs right when you register. We still don't have any other date than 6/8 and have not been contacted by our local DS yet but just hope it is a little earlier but am not going to hold my breath. Not sure I will make it another 9 days though... :crying:

irishstoutaz: So you got a temporary registration? I don't know what that's about. I have submitted our payment for our car last week - the cash beyond the Tesla financing. I don't have my car appearing on our app yet. And I'm getting my car on the 10th. Our DS said it would be available on the 6th, but it would be best to schedule it out a few days to account for any issues in production. I haven't seen this suggestion from anyone else. Some people seem to be getting their cars ahead of mine and are even out-of-state. But, it will all be a distant memory soon, once we all have our cars. I know I just need patience. I would like to find out if there's any way to get a jump start on getting the clean air sticker for the carpool lane (CA). That takes so long to get. If I can get any verification of ownership early, I'd like to do that. I do have personalized plates I could use, too, rather than waiting for the DMV to issue new ones. I've emailed my DS about this, but I haven't heard anything yet.
VIN: 11381

After getting my hopes up for a delivery this week based on an email over the weekend that indicated my delivery window was 5/25-6/4, I found out that the information in the email was incorrect, and that my real delivery window was 6/4-6/18. At any rate, I now have a confirmed delivery date of 6/14. 2 weeks to go.

Bummer it isn't earlier but at least you now have a real date vs. just a range... :cool:

After getting my hopes up for a delivery this week based on an email over the weekend that indicated my delivery window was 5/25-6/4, I found out that the information in the email was incorrect, and that my real delivery window was 6/4-6/18. At any rate, I now have a confirmed delivery date of 6/14. 2 weeks to go.

How did you find this out? Did you call and speak to someone? I think I am in the same boat. Over the weekend I got a 5/25-6/10 date. I called and left a couple of messages on the Tesla recorder for the delivery people but haven't been able to get anyone to call me back. I emailed also. So just wondering how you got your info.

How did you find this out? Did you call and speak to someone? I think I am in the same boat. Over the weekend I got a 5/25-6/10 date. I called and left a couple of messages on the Tesla recorder for the delivery people but haven't been able to get anyone to call me back. I emailed also. So just wondering how you got your info.

Yes, I called them. The person I spoke to connected me to my Delivery Speciallist. The DS then gave me the correct delivery window and scheduled my delivery date / time. The key is to reach a live person.

EOL is Wednesday the 5th!
Delivery is tight but supposed to be on schedule still for Thursday the 6th. :)

One day for delivery from LA to Portland. Seems pretty tight, and no room for hiccups. Assumes car has no issues coming off the line of course.

That would explain why my car isn't registering on the app just yet.

I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, hoping all goes well.

EDIT: App is now enabled.

Last edited:
EOL is Wednesday the 5th!
Delivery is tight but supposed to be on schedule still for Thursday the 6th. :)

Good for you! Hope everything works out per schedule and you get to enjoy the long & special weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Vin number yesterday 12689!

delivery 6/29!

the beginning is near!

Congrats! You have one nicely spec'd car :smile:.

Hmm... based on an e-mail this afternoon, ours is supposedly done and they are just awaiting the final paperwork and check that we FedEx'd today to Tesla HQ. I asked when the local DS would confirm final delivery (currently estimated 6/8) and was told that once they have the check/paperwork, the local DS (Chris) would contact me for delivery. Given they will have everything Monday, maybe ours will be put on the same truck as yours. Wasn't yours supposed to be delivered Sunday initially?

FWIW, my EOL was May 29 (although it was live in app a week before that). Delivery confirmed for June 5...

Last edited: