Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!!! Nice to see they are putting a more accurate status when it is done at the factory...

OMG OMG OMG. Feel like doing the peepee dance...

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats and glad we will be seeing another MS on the PHX roads...

Finally got mine last night! Man what a car! Have it in today to get the clear bra and tint installed....I hate waiting.

Did everyone's delivery dates just get pushed out or is it just me?

My DS called to tell me my delivery scheduled for August 20th (finalized July 31) has been pushed out to Sept 7th due to factory-wide delays due to all the new configurations/options packages introduced recently.

My two interactions with the DS so far: both bad news*. First, I find out I'm out of luck with the parking sensors, and now the car won't be ready on the 20th. I sold my old car already. The gap between the 20th and the 7th of Sept is 18 days. "Ha, I guess you'll get a lot of exercise" the DS told me after I said I guess I'd be doing a lot of walking.

*I know, I know, some of you waited months/years for your car. Well I've been waiting months for an installation of a dedicated meter, 160ft of conduit, and a NEMA 14-50 already, and held off ordering the car for months to get that electrical work done first. The work ($3600 is the estimate) is still not done. I look forward to all this stuff being over with.

Well, I picked up my MS85 in pearl white yesterday in Vancouver! Exactly 6 weeks from the time of order to me sitting in this amazing vehicle. Bought without ever driving one, but sitting in one at the Bellevue store. P16225

Extremely happy with the car. I drove it out of the service center like a little old lady but once I got comfortable, I'm loving it more and more.

I found I could jump from a red light to over 90 km/h in less than half a block, and I realized how this car could be so much fun, yet so much responsibility.

Today, just before I left the office, I pulled up the Tesla app on my iphone, saw the internal temp was 30C, and turned on the AC from the app. When I was finished my last bits of work about 10 minutes later, I sat in an almost too cool car (in more ways than one).

Just another way to get that Tesla smile!

My prior car was a 2009 M3 convertible, and the MS definitely has a more addictive acceleration curve thanks to much faster torque response.

I'm definitely missing the park sensors as I get used to the dimensions of this car. Also, the rear view camera has big time fisheye and makes objects seem much farther away than they are. Still calibrating my brain as to what the camera sees in relation to my rear bumper and fenders.

Next weekend driving to Seattle from Vancouver to try out the supercharger and get Photosync tint done at Northwest Auto Salon in Seattle.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day. It was actually supposed to be the 8th but I had to go to my sister's wedding in Massachusetts...Thanks sister!! ;) It is sitting at the Raleigh service center to be delivered to me. My DS says it should come in the afternoon and will give me better info tomorrow.

One good thing of going to my sister's wedding is I stopped at the White Plains store at the mall there. I wasn't expecting much but was curious what the store was like and maybe pick up some gear that is sold out online. I was wrong! They were super excited to see someone form South Carolina in their NY store, and talked to me quite a bit. They couldn't believe I was taking delivery Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about me to potential future customers coming to the store to demonstrate how dedicated of a fan base Tesla has (I hope they do!) The cool thing is I've never gone to a place that sells cars that knows as much as I do about the car I'm buying. What a great experience!

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day. It was actually supposed to be the 8th but I had to go to my sister's wedding in Massachusetts...Thanks sister!! ;) It is sitting at the Raleigh service center to be delivered to me. My DS says it should come in the afternoon and will give me better info tomorrow.

One good thing of going to my sister's wedding is I stopped at the White Plains store at the mall there. I wasn't expecting much but was curious what the store was like and maybe pick up some gear that is sold out online. I was wrong! They were super excited to see someone form South Carolina in their NY store, and talked to me quite a bit. They couldn't believe I was taking delivery Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if they talk about me to potential future customers coming to the store to demonstrate how dedicated of a fan base Tesla has (I hope they do!) The cool thing is I've never gone to a place that sells cars that knows as much as I do about the car I'm buying. What a great experience!
Sorry my prediction was off by a few days, but so excited for you tomorrow! Of course, pics never get old so make sure you stop driving just long enough to take and post a few!

My delivery day was supposed to be today too. I received an email from the Delivery Coordinator at 11:15pm Saturday night saying that my vehicle was held up slightly in production and is awaiting transport down to Van Nuys. I had my day all planned out. I am totally bummed right now. I am calling them as soon as they open this morning.

My delivery day was supposed to be today too. I received an email from the Delivery Coordinator at 11:15pm Saturday night saying that my vehicle was held up slightly in production and is awaiting transport down to Van Nuys. I had my day all planned out. I am totally bummed right now. I am calling them as soon as they open this morning.

It is no fun to have it delayed. But looking at the delivery sequence you are doing very well given that you changed color and options over the last 3 weeks. It will all be forgotten once you get your S!

It is no fun to have it delayed. But looking at the delivery sequence you are doing very well given that you changed color and options over the last 3 weeks. It will all be forgotten once you get your S!

I'm not too bummed. It is only delayed by 2 days, and I agree with you. Considering I added parking sensors, cold weather package and cyclone wheels, this is nothing. In fact, they told me that it would be a 6 week delay initially, but were able to catch my current VIN in production.

Has anyone here in the US received a vehicle with parking sensors?

I'm not too bummed. It is only delayed by 2 days, and I agree with you. Considering I added parking sensors, cold weather package and cyclone wheels, this is nothing. In fact, they told me that it would be a 6 week delay initially, but were able to catch my current VIN in production.

Has anyone here in the US received a vehicle with parking sensors?

I saw a couple people on the Tesla forums state that they're picking up their cars on Friday with parking sensors and will report on them. We're getting close!

It shall be interesting to see the parking sensors feedback. I don't know if I would have gotten rear parking sensors, I just wanted front ones. Now, I'm more familiar with the length of the car so even the front isn't such a big deal. Plus, the price increase of $13k wouldn't have been justified in my case.

It shall be interesting to see the parking sensors feedback. I don't know if I would have gotten rear parking sensors, I just wanted front ones. Now, I'm more familiar with the length of the car so even the front isn't such a big deal. Plus, the price increase of $13k wouldn't have been justified in my case.
I took deliver of my MS today with Parking Sensors. The sensors are amazing, particularly how seamlessly they integrate with the dash and screen. Would I spend and additional $13K, no, that's just over the top.

Interesting. My VIN is 18630 with a very similar 85kWh configuration (blue/tan/obeche gloss/tech/pano/sound/19") and I haven't heard a thing about production... dashboard still says "sourcing" and still showing "Late August" delivery.

I too still show "sourcing" with a "Late August" delivery on the dashboard. My local SC called me to schedule a Sept 20 delivery date. Not sure why there is such a disconnect but I tend to believe the local SC folks on this one!