Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed on July 21, then nothing changed on the dashboard until Friday when I got a VIN and was contacted by my DS, then yesterday when the status changed from 'sourcing parts' to 'building'. The dashboard has said late August the whole time, but the DS says 'estimated to arrive by 9/10'. So not much longer...
And now delivery is set for Friday -- just in time for the weekend. :smile:

For what it's worth, I finalized my order late on 7/29, got my VIN within a couple hours, and got an initial email from my DS in Rockville less than 24 hours later. My original delivery appointment was 9/6, but the option changes and factory retooling pushed me back to 9/12. To be clear, I did not reconfigure my car after the new options came out. But my DS called me early that week to give me the opportunity to do so.

My delivery has now been pushed UP from 9/12 to 9/7. I'm bouncing-off-the-walls excited!

My entire timeline is updated in my signature, and since I was checking it so obsessively, I got the production dates from the "My Dashboard" page status messages. However, lower on the page it *still* says "Late August" under Estimated Delivery. :)

My delivery has now been pushed UP from 9/12 to 9/7. I'm bouncing-off-the-walls excited!

My entire timeline is updated in my signature, and since I was checking it so obsessively, I got the production dates from the "My Dashboard" page status messages. However, lower on the page it *still* says "Late August" under Estimated Delivery. :)
Elon is building a hyperloop time machine.

Hi there,

new to the community and very excited.
Hope to get my Model S next week. Dashboard still states a delivery date of late August but I was contacted and somebody set up a Sept. 10, 2pm pick up time for me. They are in the process of uploading the AutoNation trade-in info for my old car.
Now I am anxiously waiting for them to mail me that electronic contract. I hope there will not be a delay.

85kWh | Black | Grey Leather | Piano Black | Tech | Pano | Active Air | 19" Wheels | Jump seats| Parcel Shelf
Test drive 5/23, 8/1 | ordered 8/1 | finalized 8/2 | VIN 18879 | production 8/20 | delivery scheduled 9/10

Got an email from the local Denver store manager. 20 production slots opened up in Sept and he asked if I would prefer a Sept rather than Oct delivery date. Is that really a question?

P85+, white, black leather, pano, grey 21" turbines, parking sensors, cold weather, shelf
VIN 21926

Delivery not finalized but will definitely be Sept!

Obviously can't wait.

Got an email from the local Denver store manager. 20 production slots opened up in Sept and he asked if I would prefer a Sept rather than Oct delivery date. Is that really a question?

P85+, white, black leather, pano, grey 21" turbines, parking sensors, cold weather, shelf
VIN 21926

Delivery not finalized but will definitely be Sept!

Obviously can't wait.

Yep got the same question. Bottom line, they need to get as many high dollar P85+ closed by end of quarter, so they are pulling slots to make it happen. I'm happy.

Yes. In the early days of Model S, there were more than a handful of reservation holders that were upset that delivery was earlier than planned b/c it caused drama w/r/t financing.

I'm glad that they are asking, but yes -- for many of us "yesterday" is when we wanted our vehicles. ;)

Yes. In the early days of Model S, there were more than a handful of reservation holders that were upset that delivery was earlier than planned b/c it caused drama w/r/t financing.

I'm glad that they are asking, but yes -- for many of us "yesterday" is when we wanted our vehicles. ;)

Makes sense but I had already told him my financing was approved the day after finalizing my order!

My status has gone back to Sourcing Parts from being In Production... wonder if that's a glitch or something happened (or the production spots opening up have bumped mine off the line for some reason).

I confirmed on 8/24, VIN # 21112 (S85) and mine still says "sourcing parts." My DS said that I should expect delivery around 9/28. Seems like things move pretty fast once the car goes into production so I am hoping to see mine transition to that state sometime next week.

Thanks.. I will..

- - - Updated - - -

Ok. Arizona owners..who have you used for installation of your Tesla Charging Equipment and what might I be looking at for cost??

If you put in a Nema 14-50, use #6 wire, especially if the run is over 10 feet. Cost for box/breaker/incidentals $50 and about $1.50/foot for wire. Then cost of electrician and any permits. If I am correct in assuming the 'doc' in from active doc handle means you are a physician the hospital you have privileges at will certainly have a commercial electrician in the B & G department. This would be an easy 'side job'. Otherwise ask friends/neighbors for names of electricians they have used.

I'm happy with Solar City's work on my HPWC (and 14-50). I didn't feel they were too expensive either.

They never called me back after three attempts. I finally got ticked off, went to Yelp, found a guy with a great reputation and called him. The next day at 10am he was at my house and 90 minutes later I had a NEMA 14-50 installed flush into my wall for $250. He's certified and bonded and I couldn't be happier.