Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are taking over! Saw a Sig Red heading into Wilmington DE this morning and beeped and waved - going to be cool seeing more and more out there as time goes on!

We have a common neighbor in Pike Creek Valley who has a yellow roadster and a sigS :) They literally live about a mile from me and I just found out about them two weeks ago.....

First and foremost, welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of Tesla! :)

I'm curious, what's your config and how did you get a VIN so fast?

Thanks doctrewho. No idea, but they should assign the VIN # soon after confirming.

config:
S85 | Metallic Blue | Pano | 19" primacy | Grey | Piano Black | Tech | Sensors | Fog | Subzero | Smart Air | Shelf|

- - - Updated - - -

Really nice to see more people on the east coast ordering.... Congratulations.

Thanks AIMc. You guys are so lucky to have a SC nearby. Hopefully, soon we may have SC in Harrisburg, Breezewood and pittsburgh- which will open the roads from WPA to east coast.

Thanks doctrewho. No idea, but they should assign the VIN # soon after confirming.

config:
S85 | Metallic Blue | Pano | 19" primacy | Grey | Piano Black | Tech | Sensors | Fog | Subzero | Smart Air | Shelf|

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks AIMc. You guys are so lucky to have a SC nearby. Hopefully, soon we may have SC in Harrisburg, Breezewood and pittsburgh- which will open the roads from WPA to east coast.

Nice config! Yay another S85, there aren't many of us in the order chain right now (that post on this forum anyway).

Just got my delivery date. Order placed 9/9. Confirmed 9/10. VIN almost immediately (22611). Order changed from S85 to P85 on 10/7 confirmed on 10/7. VIN Updated on 10/8. Delivery scheduled for 11/11.

P85 | White | Dual Chargers - HPWC | Parking Sensors | Grey Leather | Tech Package | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Parcel Shelf

Just got my delivery date. Order placed 9/9. Confirmed 9/10. VIN almost immediately (22611). Order changed from S85 to P85 on 10/7 confirmed on 10/7. VIN Updated on 10/8. Delivery scheduled for 11/11.

P85 | White | Dual Chargers - HPWC | Parking Sensors | Grey Leather | Tech Package | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Parcel Shelf

YES! I'm very happy to hear about the P jump. Now let's talk about the +...:biggrin:

You have a great config there--did you go with 21" or 19"?

We have a common neighbor in Pike Creek Valley who has a yellow roadster and a sigS :) They literally live about a mile from me and I just found out about them two weeks ago.....

Very cool! I saw a white P85 parked at the offices near 4901 Limestone the other day. I am chomping at the bit right now. Can't wait to be out there on the roads with my MS. I seriously hope my estimated 11/25 delivery date is way off considering cmorn just got confirmed for 11/11!

cmorn... curious to know what made you change your mind to P85

No...
just curious to know..
you go through your calculations and madeup your mind prior to ordering..something made you change.. What was it???

For me, I came from a sports car and wanted that feel in a Tesla. I test drove P+, but thought that P would be okay. After a night of not being able to sleep, I changed my order to P+ the next day. Again just like anything it's personal. I'm so happy with my P+ and the Tesla experience thus far. Amazing car.

Are you thinking about ordering one?

For me, I came from a sports car and wanted that feel in a Tesla. I test drove P+, but thought that P would be okay. After a night of not being able to sleep, I changed my order to P+ the next day. Again just like anything it's personal. I'm so happy with my P+ and the Tesla experience thus far. Amazing car.

Are you thinking about ordering one?

I confirmed 10/6/13: P25308..initially they said delivery late november.
today I got a reply from Build-team that they don't have a specific date, but delivery early December :cursing:
Thanks for your input. I am happy with my selection.

I confirmed 10/6/13: P25308..initially they said delivery late november.
today I got a reply from Build-team that they don't have a specific date, but delivery early December :cursing:
Thanks for your input. I am happy with my selection.

This appears to be happening to many US buyers. I suspect (because of past history) that European builds are in high gear at the beginning of the quarter (October) to allow for their arrival (read purchase, money changing hands) in Europe before the end of the quarter. Probably sometime in late October/early November US cars will then be the greater number produced for more immediate US delivery.

It may seem like a long wait. I had a 2.5-3 month wait and that was nothing compared to early adopters waiting not weeks or months...but years for their cars.

Hang in there...well worth the wait.

This appears to be happening to many US buyers. I suspect (because of past history) that European builds are in high gear at the beginning of the quarter (October) to allow for their arrival (read purchase, money changing hands) in Europe before the end of the quarter. Probably sometime in late October/early November US cars will then be the greater number produced for more immediate US delivery.

It may seem like a long wait. I had a 2.5-3 month wait and that was nothing compared to early adopters waiting not weeks or months...but years for their cars.

Hang in there...well worth the wait.

You're correct in that Nov/Dec will be US builds...and they will be cranking those out for end of year--trust me.