Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Delay until June?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been reading it for quite some time. Excited to join the Tesla family soon-- planning to pull the trigger on a Model S 75D next month!

One member of the local Tesla sales team here in Houston called me today and told me that Model S custom orders are now expected to be delivered in June, if ordered today. He told me he was notified today and confirmed after I asked him to double check.

I know this is currently the case for custom Model X orders, but on the website it still says late March delivery for a custom Model S. Seems crazy to suddenly have a 3 month delay from late March to June.. I've also not seen anything posted on these forums about it. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I overheard the same thing on the 15th on a showroom in Palm Springs when checking on the status of my car.

I asked about it and was assured mine was on schedule for delivery “this quarter “ but any ordered from that day forward would have a delivery date in June.

Hey everyone,

I am new to this forum but have been reading it for quite some time. Excited to join the Tesla family soon-- planning to pull the trigger on a Model S 75D next month!

One member of the local Tesla sales team here in Houston called me today and told me that Model S custom orders are now expected to be delivered in June, if ordered today. He told me he was notified today and confirmed after I asked him to double check.

I know this is currently the case for custom Model X orders, but on the website it still says late March delivery for a custom Model S. Seems crazy to suddenly have a 3 month delay from late March to June.. I've also not seen anything posted on these forums about it. Has anyone else heard anything about this?
It seems like they are building them in batches at this point; I know some who put their orders in as late as November / December got pushed back to March delivery. It also may be due to re-balancing games with the tax rebate as they want to maximisze the yield out of the 3 quarters following as possible.

I recommend putting your order in however when the referral program is still available as you will receive $500 credit toward Tesla service or accessories and free supercharging for life of your ownership for that car.

I can PM you my referral code as with that you will for sure be eligible for the $500 credit towards service or accessory otherwise you need to check with the referrer as its a one time thing and the supercharging is for every referral.

I'm guessing it is either the refresh II program....or...they are delaying delivery of the 200,000th car in the US until Q3.

The choice of late June (read: early July), combined with previous statements by Elon, suggest to me the tax credit reason.

Hey everyone,

2 friends of mine recently placed orders same exact thing I would suspect tax credit something or other but honestly have no idea...

I doubt they'll delay MS sales due to redesign. Knowing their history..they'll just do the redesign when they do....without any pre-announcements. Hence it's all speculation at this point. I feel its the push to get Model 3 to please the Wall Street that's causing these delays. Who knows the real reason. The demand is high for sure...

FYI, They did make a change on the car. we know they added visor mirror lights. Don't know about the coat hooks yet. That is the only official thing i know about on my 2018 car. It's just getting to the dealership so I haven't even seen it yet. Two OP's have confirmed the mirror lights. Tysons has a lot of new cars on the lot getting ready for month end delivery push.

There selling a lot of S/X models at the moment. I think the rush to get the Fed rebate before it is gone has set in.

@Reddy Kilowatt - When are you picking up yours?

It was on the train in VA. by Saturday Morning, at Richmond. So I would think it should be at Tyson's by now. One of my employees was near Tyson's, he volenteered to swing by and give the lot a once over. I gave him the color, wheel type and vin # and said look around and find it.. :rolleyes:

He reported back that the lot is packed with cars and he wasn't running around checking vin's. o_O I told him it was fine everyone is running around checking vin's on the model 3's. when the guard runs out just take off. :eek: He's not biting. I have to run up to Vienna So I will go check it out later myself, but I bet the cars will be moved inside. The cars tend to show up around 10AM.

To answer your question the official date is still the 23rd. verbally it will get moved up to the 20th or 19th. I would think sooner if it is sitting over there. It shouldn't take a week to prep a car. Afraid if i call the DA i'll get put on the do not answer list. :eek:

Days are getting longer.

I sent you a PM on the Opti Coat, shoot me an email.

The average built to order time is roughly 10 weeks.

Some have waited longer, while if your really lucky, some have been shorter.

So 10 weeks from March is June.
So join the waiting Train most of us are on, and Rage hard when you realize how little your DA knows on when the exact date of the car will be ready, unless its already built and loaded on a truck/train.

Ordered 2/24. Confirmed 2/27. No VIN assignment yet. Estimated to be early June for my order (maybe as early as late May).

My SA told me that they were adjusting the build schedule to focus on foreign orders after 2/18. He told me this well before the 18th that if I ordered after the 18th, it would be a June delivery. Sounds like at least the SA's in my area knew it was coming. Who knows though?

This talk of an imminent interior refresh looks to have been popping up on the forums since June or July of last year.

I am tracking along with the Model S delivery Google spreadsheet. If you haven't put yours on there, please do. The more data the better.

Model S Order & Delivery 2017 & 2018

I will say, I do refresh my delivery page a few times a day to see if I've gotten a VIN yet, but I also realize I probably won't see one until late March or early April. The suspense is killing me.