Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery delayed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put down a deposit in early November for the model S which showed an estimated delivery of June.
About a week later I downloaded the app and then it showed an estimated delivery of March -April. It’s back to June again! Lol.
Ha, me too. Ordered with 19" wheels in Nov 2021. Delivery said Dec 2022. Then went to June. Then to March 22 - April 18. Then this morning, Jan 28 it went to June

Well, mine was 9-months. Placed my LR order in April of 2021 and it got pushed to June/July and then all the way to Feb of this year. Finally got the confirmation for pick-up dates starting the 15th of Jan, with me closing it out on the 17th (Monday, MLK)

Reactions: zoomer0056
Mine was the same (ordered in October 2021). June 2022, flipping back and forth between that and March/April 2022. But it has been stuck on June for a couple months now.

I'm likely cancelling my order to go for a Rivian, but not 100% yet.

I am very frustrated with my Tesla Model S order and am wondering what others are experiencing: I ordered my Model S (with 19 inch wheels) on 7/15/2021 (8-1/2 months ago as I write this). The expected delivery date has been moving around the whole time: Initially September 2021, then November, then January 2022, then back to December 2021, then about 7 or 8 changes until April 3-April 24 about 2 weeks ago. Now the date was changed again, to May 13-June 24. I have made no changes to the car or delivery/payment options, and I am not trading in a car. I find it hard to believe that no one who ordered a similar model S since July 15 has received delivery. I know there are supply chain issues, but this seems ridiculous. No one answers my emails, and I had only 1 telephone call returned from a local salesman who simply says the allocation will come when it comes. I live just north of New York City where there are about 4 Tesla showrooms within a 30 mile radius. Any comments out there?

Extensive discussions in multiple threads. You’re not alone. Join the club. I am still waiting for my May order. Same story as you zero changes. Cash buyer.

It sucks. My current EDD is 13+ months from order. Wish I felt confident.

Well, mine was 9-months. Placed my LR order in April of 2021 and it got pushed to June/July and then all the way to Feb of this year. Finally got the confirmation for pick-up dates starting the 15th of Jan, with me closing it out on the 17th (Monday, MLK)
I am similar. Placed my Model S LR order in early Apr 2021 with original EDD of Jul/Aug ‘21, then Oct ‘21, then Dec ‘21, then Feb ‘22, then Jul ‘22, then (finally moving in the right direction…) Apr 17-May 15 of ‘22. But here we are on Apr 4 and still no VIN number.

Mine was the same (ordered in October 2021). June 2022, flipping back and forth between that and March/April 2022. But it has been stuck on June for a couple months now.

I'm likely cancelling my order to go for a Rivian, but not 100% yet.
I was thinking the same thing. I called Rivian in October when I placed my Model S order and ask when I could expect delivery. Rivian told me "Probably 2/2222" so I ordered a Rivian too. Within a week I was told first quarter of 2024 and then later got the infamous retroactive price increase. cancelled my Rivian order that day. Next day was told They would honor my original price. I declined. I think you will see more Cybertrucks on the road in 2024 than Rivians.
Rivain and Lucid just do not seen to have their collective *sugar* together. they have great investors but Rivians manufacturing cost are the same as Tesla's but Rivian produces only about 1% of the cars Tesla does. Looks Like Lucids will hit the $200k mark this year with announced price increase wih no real push to get the "affordable" Lucid into production.
While Tesla does a good many things wrong. (Highly inaccurate delivery dates, fit and finish quality control, and charging $12k to be self driving beta testers) they also do so much right leaving all the other EV companies a decade behind.
Me sounding like a fanboy😂

I am very frustrated with my Tesla Model S order and am wondering what others are experiencing: I ordered my Model S (with 19 inch wheels) on 7/15/2021 (8-1/2 months ago as I write this). The expected delivery date has been moving around the whole time: Initially September 2021, then November, then January 2022, then back to December 2021, then about 7 or 8 changes until April 3-April 24 about 2 weeks ago. Now the date was changed again, to May 13-June 24. I have made no changes to the car or delivery/payment options, and I am not trading in a car. I find it hard to believe that no one who ordered a similar model S since July 15 has received delivery. I know there are supply chain issues, but this seems ridiculous. No one answers my emails, and I had only 1 telephone call returned from a local salesman who simply says the allocation will come when it comes. I live just north of New York City where there are about 4 Tesla showrooms within a 30 mile radius. Any comments out there?
You are not alone. I ordered a Model S long range w/19” wheels and FSD on 9/2/21. The delivery date has changed 12 times and is now June11 - July 16. Getting the same answers from local salesman. Very frustrating!