Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery delayed....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered and confirmed mid Feb and originally scheduled for delivery late May/June and entered into factory production queue. Today however still in production queue but scheduled delivery now delayed to late June/July. Anybody else in HK also had their delivery date pushed by a month today? Is it worth complaining to my DS about it? Are they trying to squeeze US and maximize deliveries by end of quarter thus deprioritising Asian deliveries? Ordered a 70D. Really annoyed with this...

Hey guys wishful thinking here, could the delay of my model s delivery be that I can get the facelift version? On mytesla.com it still says my car has "entered the factory production queue" with an estimated delivery date of late June/July and not "in production".

I actually emailed my DS to ask if I can actually defer delivery so I get the facelift version. What do you guys think?

Hey guys wishful thinking here, could the delay of my model s delivery be that I can get the facelift version? On mytesla.com it still says my car has "entered the factory production queue" with an estimated delivery date of late June/July and not "in production".

I actually emailed my DS to ask if I can actually defer delivery so I get the facelift version. What do you guys think?

You now (indirectly) have confirmation you're getting the facelifted car at the price you originally paid for too!
Sweet new headlights.
Now you can wait for your DS to catch up and reply to you to confirm.

I wonder if I can install a HEPA filter in the Model S by replacing the air filter myself?

There is significant hardware on the car that would accompany the filter. (It's not just plug and play)
Even if the filter was plug and play, the car's software knows what features have and have not been ordered with the car (ie. you would not have a button on the climate controls to activate BDM)

Premium package is worth it, even more so now with BDM. If they haven't built your car yet, give it a reconsideration.

There is significant hardware on the car that would accompany the filter. (It's not just plug and play)
Even if the filter was plug and play, the car's software knows what features have and have not been ordered with the car (ie. you would not have a button on the climate controls to activate BDM)

Premium package is worth it, even more so now with BDM. If they haven't built your car yet, give it a reconsideration.

Unfortunately, DS said I could only have what I had ordered. Since I did not order premium package I can't add it on now as my car is already being built. Can't add it after production either.

Hey Guys,

Here's a timeline on my current 70/75D order, in case anyone is interested:
  • 04/23/16 - Initial order placed and web portal showed an est. "late May/June" delivery date.
  • 05/06/16 - Received a Tesla marketing email stating my car would be of the new design (new frontend, LED headlights, center console, HEPA) but with a price increase of $1500 over last year's model. Based upon the changes listed I was OK with this.
  • 05/07/16 - Emailed my DS with additional questions on these changes. He responded back with info but also stated that the new est. delivery date would now be "mid to late June" instead. Didn't question the delay as I assumed I would give Tesla a pass on this first one.
  • 05/10/16 - Received another Tesla marketing email stating the 75Kw upgrade option was available for my order for an additional $3000. I called the contact number and verbally agreed to this price change.
  • 05/14/16 - Logged into the My Tesla portal and noticed my est. delivery date now states "late June/July".
  • 05/16/16 - Emailed my DS this morning to see if I can determine what may have caused this third delay. Awaiting response.
Assumptions/Conclusions:
I think because my order has fallen right on the Model S refresh schedule that this has caused some of the delay but I do know Tesla is know for over-promising up front. None of this would be of much concern to me except I was planning on trading a car so with every month the value of my car can come down. I just hope this doesn't push into August at this point.

Hey Guys,

Here's a timeline on my current 70/75D order, in case anyone is interested:
  • 04/23/16 - Initial order placed and web portal showed an est. "late May/June" delivery date.
  • 05/06/16 - Received a Tesla marketing email stating my car would be of the new design (new frontend, LED headlights, center console, HEPA) but with a price increase of $1500 over last year's model. Based upon the changes listed I was OK with this.
  • 05/07/16 - Emailed my DS with additional questions on these changes. He responded back with info but also stated that the new est. delivery date would now be "mid to late June" instead. Didn't question the delay as I assumed I would give Tesla a pass on this first one.
  • 05/10/16 - Received another Tesla marketing email stating the 75Kw upgrade option was available for my order for an additional $3000. I called the contact number and verbally agreed to this price change.
  • 05/14/16 - Logged into the My Tesla portal and noticed my est. delivery date now states "late June/July".
  • 05/16/16 - Emailed my DS this morning to see if I can determine what may have caused this third delay. Awaiting response.
Assumptions/Conclusions:
I think because my order has fallen right on the Model S refresh schedule that this has caused some of the delay but I do know Tesla is know for over-promising up front. None of this would be of much concern to me except I was planning on trading a car so with every month the value of my car can come down. I just hope this doesn't push into August at this point.

Wah your delivery estimate too optimistic I think. I ordered mine 14 Feb and I am expecting delivery of facelift version June/early July....