TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S Delivery Delays

Discussion in 'Model S' started by par75d, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. par75d

par75d New Member

Ordered a MS75D back at the start of September. Delivery has been showing late October/early November. Checked today and it now says, Late November/December? If you custom order from the web site today, it says late November delivery? Any insight?

2. kidjim25

kidjim25 Member

tesla batches cars to destinations and does international deliveries first. so a sept build will be a nov delivery depending on where you are located especially in the US

3. Navsarin

Navsarin SP100D

Be happy with a delay around Q4...You may get some updates happening to model S’s after the next announcement. Hopefully at the semi truck unveil! Fingers crossed buddy!

4. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

My order was confirmed 9/3 and my car is set for delivery Oct 12.

5. idleuser

idleuser Member

Luck of draw, my OA told me it takes approximately 8 weeks for a custom build but no one knows for sure since there are many reasons why the cars are delayed or in some cases, delivered earlier than expected.

6. PARNY

PARNY Member

What car did you order and where do you live? Thanks.

7. viper2ko

viper2ko Member

MS 75D in Pennsylvania

8. kort677

kort677 Banned

FWIW: a neighbor was shopping the tesla in the local tesla shop and was told that he could expect a four week wait for a new 75d.

9. par75d

par75d New Member

Seems as though the sales model is to over promise and under deliver. I was told that at the start of a quarter, the factory first makes cars for Europe then China and then the US. If you order a car near the end of a quarter or early in the next quarter, you will not get your car for 3-4 months. My order went in a month before the end of Q2 and now it looks like I will get the car at the end of Q4, almost 3-4 months later. Tesla sales knows this but everyone gets the standard 6-8 weeks with possible delays.

• Like x 1
  10. syzygy

syzygy Member

I'm in NC and ordered a MS75D end of Sept. MyTesla is showing December-Early Jan, though my DA was "very sure" it would be delivered by mid-Dec. Nowhere near the 4 weeks that others have been told.