Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Delays

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MS75D back at the start of September. Delivery has been showing late October/early November. Checked today and it now says, Late November/December? If you custom order from the web site today, it says late November delivery? Any insight?

Ordered a MS75D back at the start of September. Delivery has been showing late October/early November. Checked today and it now says, Late November/December? If you custom order from the web site today, it says late November delivery? Any insight?
tesla batches cars to destinations and does international deliveries first. so a sept build will be a nov delivery depending on where you are located especially in the US

Seems as though the sales model is to over promise and under deliver. I was told that at the start of a quarter, the factory first makes cars for Europe then China and then the US. If you order a car near the end of a quarter or early in the next quarter, you will not get your car for 3-4 months. My order went in a month before the end of Q2 and now it looks like I will get the car at the end of Q4, almost 3-4 months later. Tesla sales knows this but everyone gets the standard 6-8 weeks with possible delays.

Reactions: Bebop
I'm in NC and ordered a MS75D end of Sept. MyTesla is showing December-Early Jan, though my DA was "very sure" it would be delivered by mid-Dec. Nowhere near the 4 weeks that others have been told.