Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize if this question has been raised and answered before. I noticed that videos (e.g., Netflix) playing on the rear display use the speakers of the car for audio. Is there a way to have them just play on Bluetooth headsets that are specifically paired with the rear display?

Reactions: Zaker89
I apologize if this question has been raised and answered before. I noticed that videos (e.g., Netflix) playing on the rear display use the speakers of the car for audio. Is there a way to have them just play on Bluetooth headsets that are specifically paired with the rear display?
Folks are waiting for a software update that enables BT headset capability, ANC, etc.

I picked up my MS LR @ 10AM today and just can’t get enough of this beauty! Gave it a few insane bursts… Wife has never seen me volunteer so eagerly to run errands 😂😂!
That license plate holder is doubleplusugly on an otherwise smooth front end. It's gotta have an effect on the car's overall aero efficiency.
My first mod would be to take that thing OFF. PA doesn't require front plates.

Reactions: JimLL
That license plate holder is doubleplusugly on an otherwise smooth front end. It's gotta have an effect on the car's overall aero efficiency.
My first mod would be to take that thing OFF. PA doesn't require front plates.
I mostly agree. The holder is ugly, though it looks better if you have a very nice personilzed plate on it. Required here in Cali, though it is a small fee. The problem is that they are getting more aggressive about ticketing. Some people put removal plates on there's, which is a PITA to take on and off (and I lost a plate that way, which was an even bigger PITA).
Alternatively, Cali has the option for a "wrap" for the front plate. This would address any aerodynamic concerns.

• Love
Reactions: T-Racer
I mostly agree. The holder is ugly, though it looks better if you have a very nice personilzed plate on it. Required here in Cali, though it is a small fee. The problem is that they are getting more aggressive about ticketing. Some people put removal plates on there's, which is a PITA to take on and off (and I lost a plate that way, which was an even bigger PITA).
Alternatively, Cali has the option for a "wrap" for the front plate. This would address any aerodynamic concerns.
Agree, at least they color matched the front plate extender and it is a bit more integrated now versus some flappy bracket. I'm mitigating by putting a nice personalized Texas theme personalized plate on ours :)

How does one go about getting approved to be in the DMV pilot? The LPW website does not expand on that.
No clue. My friend has one. Black wrap plate on a black car. Looks great. I may get a white plate for my white MS. I prefer the Yosemite version, but that one is not approved yet. Not sure why. Approve one, approve them all. Just the government acting like government I guess

Last edited:
My car was released from hold and delivered on 7/27. No credible explanation was available. The car is fantastic with the exception of the yoke and it's overly sensitive buttons to accidental pushes. I've inadvertently turned on blinkers, windshield wipers and horn several times.

The yoke would be great if the car had speed variable steering. It's awkward. Hand over hand turns or shuffle steering results your hands looking for an inconsistent facet of the yoke . The onlytine the yoke feels natural is on high speed roads like an interstate. On mountain twisties driving is poor just because the yoke is coupled to a slow steering system.

My car was released from hold and delivered on 7/27. No credible explanation was available. The car is fantastic with the exception of the yoke and it's overly sensitive buttons to accidental pushes. I've inadvertently turned on blinkers, windshield wipers and horn several times.

The yoke would be great if the car had speed variable steering. It's awkward. Hand over hand turns or shuffle steering results your hands looking for an inconsistent facet of the yoke . The onlytine the yoke feels natural is on high speed roads like an interstate. On mountain twisties driving is poor just because the yoke is coupled to a slow steering system.
Congrats ! You’ll get used to the Yoke. You just got the car yesterday 🍻

Reactions: cwanja and Zaker89

Great car. Love it all. Yoke is wonderful but will take a while to get use to the buttons. Car still calibrating so don't have many of the cameras yet. Delivery was flawless with the exception that the people didn't know about the car and the wash job left alot to be desired. Fit and finish was excellent, no issues despite what has been said on this forum. Peter

Reactions: hcdavis3