Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car arrived at the Tesla store on the morning of July 16. Two hours before delivery I got a call there will be no delivery because of the hold. Oh no! So close. Although I've got a new place holder delivery date of this Friday, I've got doubts it will occur.

If you look at the avatar the new one is with the protection and my current Model S is the red one. At least I've seen my new car.

My car arrived at the Tesla store on the morning of July 16. Two hours before delivery I got a call there will be no delivery because of the hold. Oh no! So close. Although I've got a new place holder delivery date of this Friday, I've got doubts it will occur.

If you look at the avatar the new one is with the protection and my current Model S is the red one. At least I've seen my new car.
Looks Great, so its OUTSIDE in the parking lot? I may run by my local Tesla to see if I can find MY new S in parking lot

that looks amazing, I'm really liking the blue one now

Must say the wait since my VIN was assigned has been harder than the previous 6 months I've been waiting. Just called and they said still no new information, but that my car is inside and not in the the 112 degree heat. Although, as the service bays fill up, said they'd have to move it outside. So frustrating!
100% agree, it's definitely been harder knowing the car is there and I could be driving the damn thing right now. So frustrated, but also understand and feel back for the delivery center guys :(

Definitely you guys can find yours below. These are on hold from yesterday's flyover.

It's impressive that I could see many red's there.

screen-shot-2021-07-21-at-1-43-25-pm-png.686744
Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 1.42.56 PM.png

Oh, and the reason I think the hold will be ending soon is because my Edd timeline was July 19 - 31 until July 18th and it changed to blank on 19th.

From blank, I got timeline again with July 23 - August 05 this morning, so I assume they will resume the delivery soon.

Last edited:
Just a quick update on my delivery- my car arrived at the Service Center today, but my original delivery appointment of this coming Friday (7/23) has been rescheduled to Tuesday (7/27). Hopefully that holds. 🤞

I really hate to hear about some of you having to cancel flights and such, ugh. My service center is about 3.5 hours away which is not terribly convenient in a situation like this but it could be worse. As luck would have it, there is a new Service/Delivery Center right down the road that is going to be doing deliveries any day now. I never expected that timing to work out when I placed my order back in January, but would have never guessed that it would be this close!

Just a quick update on my delivery- my car arrived at the Service Center today, but my original delivery appointment of this coming Friday (7/23) has been rescheduled to Tuesday (7/27). Hopefully that holds. 🤞

I really hate to hear about some of you having to cancel flights and such, ugh. My service center is about 3.5 hours away which is not terribly convenient in a situation like this but it could be worse. As luck would have it, there is a new Service/Delivery Center right down the road that is going to be doing deliveries any day now. I never expected that timing to work out when I placed my order back in January, but would have never guessed that it would be this close!
And no specific indication as to why?