Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well typical Tesla. Got a call from my shop I’m scheduled to pick up my Model S from that they can get me moved up to Saturday this week instead of Monday - pumped…

Two hours later I get a call from the same guy who says “we were just given a notification from the engineering department we are not allowed to deliver any more model S’s until “additional inspections are done and software issues are fixed - all model S’s are on hold - we hope to have you delivered by the end of next week”

Must be a massive issue….

Well typical Tesla. Got a call from my shop I’m scheduled to pick up my Model S from that they can get me moved up to Saturday this week instead of Monday - pumped…

Two hours later I get a call from the same guy who says “we were just given a notification from the engineering department we are not allowed to deliver any more model S’s until “additional inspections are done and software issues are fixed - all model S’s are on hold - we hope to have you delivered by the end of next week”

Must be a massive issue….
🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: TNGuy99
Did they ever find out what happened to the PLAID that was on "Fire" literally Rolling down the street ? could it be related.... surely not ??
I'm thinking that was a stunt. But the other charging issues and someone else mentioned charge port was mentioned by a SA, could be something related to the charging system they're trying to validate. With a few peeps here having charging issues already, that'd end up a small sampling, would be a much bigger issue.

Who knows though. Could be that the fart noises just didn't work right.

Reactions: mc14 and TNGuy99
I'm thinking that was a stunt. But the other charging issues and someone else mentioned charge port was mentioned by a SA, could be something related to the charging system they're trying to validate. With a few peeps here having charging issues already, that'd end up a small sampling, would be a much bigger issue.

Who knows though. Could be that the fart noises just didn't work right.

bahhaha, for TESLA to put a hold on cars they rushed out the door must mean something serious. Absolutely nothing in their history would suggest they'd place a hold to fix cosmetic or even software issues. It has to be something pretty serious.

bahhaha, for TESLA to put a hold on cars they rushed out the door must mean something serious. Absolutely nothing in their history would suggest they'd place a hold to fix cosmetic or even software issues. It has to be something pretty serious.
I was kinda alluding to that with my first part of the post lol. But fart noises would make more sense based on this whole crazy process lol.

I'm just waiting for my lucky draw to get a vin, have it strippedz then shipped to Atlanta, only to be told sorry you can't sit in it yet, gotta wait two weeks. 😁🤣😁😛

• Funny
Reactions: mc14 and Tigers
I was kinda alluding to that with my first part of the post lol. But fart noises would make more sense based on this whole crazy process lol.

I'm just waiting for my lucky draw to get a vin, have it strippedz then shipped to Atlanta, only to be told sorry you can't sit in it yet, gotta wait two weeks. 😁🤣😁😛

I'm waiting for them to come out and say "sorry, we had to reduce the capacity of the pack and charging speeds, now the LR gets 350 miles of range and charges at 125kW again. No refunds."

I'm waiting for them to come out and say "sorry, we had to reduce the capacity of the pack and charging speeds, now the LR gets 350 miles of range and charges at 125kW again. No refunds."
I'm just happy you have a profile pic back. You running on default was freaking me out bahahahh

And yes, every thread at this point relating to delivery is free to be hijacked. As long as it's funny and not serious

Haha. Exactly how I feel. Went from feeling on top of the world to feeling like a scab on 5th ave in the same day.

Just a quick update on my delivery- my car arrived at the Service Center today, but my original delivery appointment of this coming Friday (7/23) has been rescheduled to Tuesday (7/27). Hopefully that holds. 🤞

I really hate to hear about some of you having to cancel flights and such, ugh. My service center is about 3.5 hours away which is not terribly convenient in a situation like this but it could be worse. As luck would have it, there is a new Service/Delivery Center right down the road that is going to be doing deliveries any day now. I never expected that timing to work out when I placed my order back in January, but would have never guessed that it would be this close!
Did you get a call from your SC about the rescheduled appointment? Or did you just happen to see it on your profile?

Did you get a call from your SC about the rescheduled appointment? Or did you just happen to see it on your profile?
I had a delivery of 7/15-7/21…on 7/13 I emailed SA in cleveland who confirmed it should be ready by tomorrow, 7/19.

Got a call on Monday, 7/16, to give me a heads up that it may not be ready.

Got a call today, 24 hours before pickup, that indeed they have car, but can not release to me tomorrow. Instead of rescheduling, they will contact me when ready. No answers or timeline.

ordered 2/10 - LR, white, cream, 21”, FSD