Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh does it? I'm definitely not well versed in Reddit lol Are you guys able to see the post?
I was unable to see any text, IDK if it was removed or awaiting moderation like I suspect. I've heard teslamotors subreddit is pretty strict when it comes to posting.

Couple of others that you'll likely get a huge response from is /r/RealTesla (Biased against tesla) and /r/TeslaInvestorsClub (Biased heavily for tesla).

Edit: Also if your account is too new (Low Karma) you may straight up be unable to post. I can post for you if that's the case. Though I'm slightly afraid tesla will take my car from me if I post lol.

Edit2: Looks like your account has plenty of karma nvm.

• Informative
Reactions: MrExitStrategy
I was unable to see any text, IDK if it was removed or awaiting moderation like I suspect. I've heard teslamotors subreddit is pretty strict when it comes to posting.
The sub has changed a LOT over the last month or two towards less posts in the main sub (teslamotors) and trying to drive more conversation to teslalounge. I have pivoted from frequenting Reddit to TMC now as I feel like the content has slowed significantly over on Reddit. But I still check it.

Has anyone thought of getting a group of people to threaten cancellation of their orders unless specifics are given regarding the issue that is holding everything up?
100+ order cancellations might be enough to get Tesla's attention.
Previously I had been thinking of ordering a new LR next spring. This whole cluster of firetrucks has me thinking mid-2023 before ordering a new S, if ever.

Has anyone thought of getting a group of people to threaten cancellation of their orders unless specifics are given regarding the issue that is holding everything up?
Previously I had been thinking of ordering a new LR next spring. This whole cluster of firetrucks has me thinking mid-2023 before ordering a new S, if ever.
Rivian here I come….

You cancel, they will just move the car on to the next person. Just look at EoQ pushes.

Reactions: T-Racer
We definitely should! You guys first.

Experience the same issue. delivery was scheduled for 7/20 and it was cancelled day before. Delivery center has nothing, other than saying a firmware update is required in order to take delivery. I sat in it, took pics and all. Next appointment is Sunday 7/25 but there is no guarantee atm.
Paying for the car in advance just adds to the frustration. I’m not a fan of paying for the car when Tesla asks for payment. I’d prefer to pay in person when picking up the car.

Reactions: Fastcar
They are all on hold. There is speculation that it may be some issue stemming from the one that caught fire last week, but they are working to fix something before distributing them.
My Plaid delivered 5/20 is working fine, no glitches of any kind. Wouldn’t you think they would all have the same problem? If there was a problem other than 19 inch wheels not being govt certified yet.

I just got a third delay to delivery most recently from this Friday, 7/23 to 7/28. The newest date is tentative. The hard-to-believe reason for the delay according to the delivery person is the store doesn't have a list of items to check prior to customer delivery from the factory. The store only has the list for the older Model S. What makes it so hard to believe is that is something that should have been taken care of when the initial Model S delivery was planned for. I can't help but believe there is a more fundamental reason for the delay that reared its ugly head prior to the delivery of these cars to the Tesla stores. The delivery person also claimed Tesla has only delivered 100 new Model S.

Reactions: Zaker89
I just got a third delay to delivery most recently from this Friday, 7/23 to 7/28. The newest date is tentative. The hard-to-believe reason for the delay according to the delivery person is the store doesn't have a list of items to check prior to customer delivery from the factory. The store only has the list for the older Model S. What makes it so hard to believe is that is something that should have been taken care of when the initial Model S delivery was planned for. I can't help but believe there is a more fundamental reason for the delay that reared its ugly head prior to the delivery of these cars to the Tesla stores. The delivery person also claimed Tesla has only delivered 100 new Model S.
Either lies or stupidity! My bet is a combination of both. What, Tesla only sends out the checklist to some SCs? And we don't have access to the outside world? We all watched 25 delivered on 6/10 FFS!!!! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zaker89
My Plaid delivered 5/20 is working fine, no glitches of any kind. Wouldn’t you think they would all have the same problem? If there was a problem other than 19 inch wheels not being govt certified yet.
I do not believe 19" wheels has anything to do with it... Mine has 21" rims and is sitting at the Tesla Shop here in Atlanta

Definitely not Software related because, that can easily be updated ota on the day of delivery within minutes. This definitely seems like a bigger quality control issue. I do not have any proof of this but to me this seems like the most likely reason.
my speculation is they had to source maybe 5 different types of new chips - and have to finalize the firmware on 5 different variants.
May be completely wrong, but makes sense to me.
I'd rather wait and get a solid car, than have a car not work, or go haywire like a read earlier today.

my speculation is they had to source maybe 5 different types of new chips - and have to finalize the firmware on 5 different variants.
May be completely wrong, but makes sense to me.
I'd rather wait and get a solid car, than have a car not work, or go haywire like a read earlier today.
Agreed it’s better they have it all worked out before delivery. I just kinda give up any hope of having it soon :’(

Reactions: IamGaryGnu