Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They can path around it during charging with the FETs/etc (over my head) but the worrying issue is the wild swings in balance for just this particular brick when larger amounts of current draw happen (such as during acceleration). If these cells are acting as large resistors at the wrong time, it can be a problem.
No argument. I’m just wondering if they can path around a bad block for power usage in addition to same for charging. I imagine there’s enough smarts in these packs, plus cooling (and heating when cold) but I don’t know enough.

That sounds very odd to me....

So what changed between the 1st 100 and now?....
Yeah like I said, he sounded busy and wanted me off the phone.
@cytranic could it be related to our vibration issue? Other then that my car is 10 out of 10. However, since it was delivered at the event it was gone over with a fine tooth comb.
Meh.....The vibration while noticeable, not sure they would hold up cars for that. But that's just my opinion. To me it just seems like the throttle curve is out of sync with front and back motors at that speed

Reactions: smf72
July 6 was my committed delivery date. I had State Farm add the new car effective that date. Next week I go into an awkward period where the new car has not been delivered because of the containment hold and the thirty-day insurance grace period will come to an end the following week. I now have to decide how to handle the insurance problem, another car payment on my older Model S, and undetermined delivery date for a new car. I love being in limbo.

great job! I posted this on the main delivery thread. I think this will shake something lose...
FWIW I saw two articles on the internet today (so you know it's true!) reporting about the CLAIMS (by our forum or reddit) about the complete S hold. I say claims, as they are reporting what we're saying, and not anything from Tesla.
I think something will have to shake loose soon and we'll get some response - it's one thing for our site to guess, but another thing for reporters to start reporting no deliveries, I think shareholders will want answers almost as much as we do!
I'm cross posting this on the hold thread....

great job! I posted this on the main delivery thread. I think this will shake something lose...
FWIW I saw two articles on the internet today (so you know it's true!) reporting about the CLAIMS (by our forum or reddit) about the complete S hold. I say claims, as they are reporting what we're saying, and not anything from Tesla.
I think something will have to shake loose soon and we'll get some response - it's one thing for our site to guess, but another thing for reporters to start reporting no deliveries, I think shareholders will want answers almost as much as we do!
I'm cross posting this on the hold thread....
It's a 1-2 week hold on deliveries. Unless it bleeds into mid-late august I don't think any reasonable shareholder would care.

I asked service about mine (that was delivered 6/29) and should I have any concerns with the stoppage. They said no. They apologized but they have no additional information to share.
I'm happy to hear that there's no concern, but I also hope they said that because they know for sure it's not critical rather than they don't have the info. I still have faith in Tesla to not put their owners/customers at risk.

I'm happy to hear that there's no concern, but I also hope they said that because they know for sure it's not critical rather than they don't have the info. I still have faith in Tesla to not put their owners/customers at risk.
Musk claims safety is top priority in everything Tesla does. I think I still believe it. If he said customer service then he'd have lost all credibility with me :)
IF, IF there was a safety problem, and they alert and fix, that strengthens the client bond in my opinion.
I'd at least like to think it's not a safety issue or there would have been notices circulated especially to those who have theirs - at least that's my thinking.