TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Delivery - Paint Defect

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by fieldalias, Sep 18, 2015.

1. fieldalias

fieldalias Member

Just wanted to post this for other people to look out for. When I picked up my S (90D) a few weeks ago and dropped it off at the detailer, the shop determine there were two defects in the paint.

First was a bump on the lower side of the passenger door (as if dirt had gotten mixed in with the paint). The second was the clear coat, which made it look like a "rain effect" in the rear left corner panel (between the rear windshield and door).

Just something to look out for at delivery. Tesla is repainting those sections for me and providing a loaner while the work is done (awesome service!). Luckily the detailer shop I used is going to redo the Expel and Opticoat for free.

Just wanted to share.