TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Model S Delivery Timing for 2017 Q4

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Valence, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Valence

Valence Member

My Model S order was confirmed yesterday (10/5) with a Tesla website Estimated Delivery Range: December - Early January, 2018. I contacted my DS and he said, based on the current production schedule, the car will definitely be delivered in December 2017. Federal Tax Credit applied to this year FTW.

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Yeah, this is the normal 'will it get here this quarter' looking at the pessimistic estimator.. The answer is 'Tesla will move heaven and earth to do so' since they need to keep up the same pile of cars they shoved into Q3 into Q4. :)

Mine was ordered on August 6 (delivered around September 16 or so, originally planned, there was a delay that wasn't normal so it got to me September 23).

East Coast orders always get to us the last month of the quarter, so, you see, even if you'd ordered a few weeks later, you'd probably still make it in Q4. (Not totally comparable because of holidays but still...)

And, yeah, you definitely have the advantage of not waiting 15 months to get the $7500 (if you don't do special withholding things...). :D

3. Buster1

Buster1 Member

In the below thread, myself and @ReturnZero just placed orders this week. He was getting projected build dates of 13 Nov from his DS.

I Just Ordered!

So this will be interesting to see what happens. Especially you East Coasters, vs myself in Vegas.

4. geometro

geometro Member

They've had issues delivering cars in Q4 due to weather and customers being put on holidays so they might be hedging.

5. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

If you want to push it and you’re in advantageous geographical location, you can probably order as late as Thanksgiving and maybe get the car this year. At least that’s the case in Cali.

6. Grassright

Grassright Member

Anyone from Fremont? Will it usually take less time to deliver since we are to the factory?

7. ReturnZero

ReturnZero Member

Yeah Fremont vehicles would at least save transit time which can be 1-2 weeks.

Seems like currently orders are being built and delivered in around 6-8 weeks, so if you order now late Nov/early Dec seems reasonable.