TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model S Delivery Update

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by joefee, Jul 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

#1 joefee, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    The purpose of this thread is to:

Post a quick update of the most recent delivery data including the highest reported VIN (include your country if outside the USA) shown in Wiki post #2 below:

2. Thread Summary

Thread Summary Member Generated Post Wiki

#2 Thread Summary, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
    Highest Model S Assigned or Delivered VIN = 133,159 (03/08/2016) (M/D/Y)

Source: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/9489-Model-S-Delivery-Update/page830?p=1212795&viewfull=1#post1212795

If you would like to participate in TMC's MODEL S ORDER TRACKING, please go to this link and enter your order info: -> http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XZiDkogRyBqHMEnlWJT4HA8BKxYjR5J-z5TPikra8gQ/edit#gid=456592867

Enter your order info on the correct sheet - the sheets are quarter based.

(Note: to edit the "Source" link above, use the button in the dialog box for linking to a URL - you cannot just change the numbers to match the post - I tried - it doesn't work!)

(PS, it is easy to find the information to link to a specific post in the TMC forum - just click on the post number on the right side of the post and look in the address bar at the top.)

3. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

2012-07-27 11.21.31.jpg

Was picking up my Roadster from the LA service center today and Founder #17 was there being preped for delivery. Here's a shot of the window sticker.

4. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

They state 12 hours to charge on a 240V outlet. That must be the public 30A chargers then since 40A is around 9 hours.

That $9,100 number over 5 years should talk some people into an EV.

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

55% US/Canadian content -- I think that answers an important question for import duties into Canada.

6. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

7. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

Kudos for posting a full res image, easy to read EVERYTHING :)

Edit: What's up with the 'This vehicle has not been rated by the gov't for frontal crash, side crash or rollover risk."? I doubt the thing could ever rollover, but I'm curious about the front and side crash testing. I thought this was done already?

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

9. Brian H

Brian H Banned

I still think there's something badly awry with the EPA ratings. 88 city, 90 highway? I don't think so. City mileage is going to be quite a bit higher for any BEV with regen. I think they blew/fudged it.

10. AndyM

AndyM Member

I was told in a store opening that Tesla has done their own ratings, according to NHTSA's specifications, but until NHTSA buys their own vehicles and does their own testing, there's no official rating from NHTSA.

11. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

I see, thanks for the clarification. Makes sense.

12. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

That looks real.

13. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I couldn't get the QR code to lead to any specific car. The QR code is scannable, but the fuel economy website states that they could not find a vehicle for that code, so I wonder if it's in development or just a general direction to the fuel economy website.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

14. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635

The Model S has three problems that contribute to this result:

1. It is very heavy at 2108 kg.
    2. Regen is limited to 60 kW.
    3. Regen is fixed at 0.15 g max and cannot be increased by applying the brake, even when not power limited.

So these three together affect the city rating negatively on the test cycle. If, however, you drive defensively and anticipate stops so that you never use friction brakes above 10 km/h, you will do MUCH better than the city rating.

On the other side of the coin, the low drag coefficient helps the highway cycle which does not include as many stops.

15. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Brian H viewpost-right.png
    I still think there's something badly awry with the EPA ratings. 88 city, 90 highway? I don't think so. City mileage is going to be quite a bit higher for any BEV with regen. I think they blew/fudged it.

Stop and go energy use is mostly about how fast you accelerate. Regeneration is better than throwing all the kinetic energy away as heat the way friction brake-only cars do, but regeneration only captures a portion of the kinetic energy. Increasing the regeneration rate is unlikely to increase range because the battery can only take so much charge without degradation.

Ideally you don't want to use either regeneration or friction braking when you slow or stop because then all the kinetic energy (other than bearing, tire, and aerodynamic friction which happen anyway) is used for forward motion. The modern way of driving: roar up to the speed limit, then jam on the brakes at the last minute is extremely inefficient and doesn't get you where you're going any faster.

16. widodh

widodh Model S R231 EU

The topic starter requested:

This thread is already getting many posts not related to the deliveries that it will probably be snowed under.

Could we please keep this topic to delivery updates only?

17. tander

tander Member

So was this car going out for delivery imminently? My understanding was that production was at stand still currently while they iron things out, maybe not a stand still, just a crawl?

18. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

What's the source for this? Is it something Tesla said, something you measured in a test drive, or some calculation based on speed, weight, and regen power consumption? Just curious.

19. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

I thought they upped production to 10 per week last week (or was it the week before?)

20. J in MN

J in MN S60 P12635