Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder... While commuting on Hwy 101 back and forth to work, I keep seeing the semi trailers delivering new model S cars to the show rooms (saw them over the weekend and also today). Shouldn't all those be with the new modified ones as they are leaving the factory now?
I ordered mine (S 100DL) last week and hope Tesla will not crew up our tax credit deadline..

Reactions: divemaster
I wonder... While commuting on Hwy 101 back and forth to work, I keep seeing the semi trailers delivering new model S cars to the show rooms (saw them over the weekend and also today). Shouldn't all those be with the new modified ones as they are leaving the factory now?
I ordered mine (S 100DL) last week and hope Tesla will not crew up our tax credit deadline..

I’ve just tweeted at Tesla and Elon AND paid to promote it. Please like, comment and retweet to drive awareness and hopefully action. Jeremy Smith on Twitter

While talking to a nearby midwest showroom I asked about whether new cars were being delivered. They said they have delivered a few with the new configuration. So they are out they, just apparently not in high numbers.

And apparently none of them are on any online forums, tracking spreadsheets, etc. I’ve learned the showroom associates don’t necessarily have the latest details and are prone to say what the customer wants to hear...

Reactions: rawn77
The Store Associates are pretty much in the dark on this stuff, so don't treat them badly. When I got my X in 2016 there was a Grand
Opening party for a local Store. I took my X--one of the first in the area. No one in the store had ever seen an X. I let them use as a demo for a couple of hours. They gave me a free detailing as thanks.

The Store Associates are pretty much in the dark on this stuff, so don't treat them badly. When I got my X in 2016 there was a Grand
Opening party for a local Store. I took my X--one of the first in the area. No one in the store had ever seen an X. I let them use as a demo for a couple of hours. They gave me a free detailing as thanks.

Definitely not treating them badly, they’re doing the best they can. Just saying I wouldn’t take their word as gospel...

My delivery advisor said my order would reflect the new price book and that I'd see a decrease on the contract based on the latest pricing. But first things first - still waiting on a VIN for mine. (Performance, ordered 4/28, will be taking delivery at the factory or Palo Alto)

My delivery advisor said my order would reflect the new price book and that I'd see a decrease on the contract based on the latest pricing. But first things first - still waiting on a VIN for mine. (Performance, ordered 4/28, will be taking delivery at the factory or Palo Alto)

My advisor told me they're no longer doing factory / Fremont deliveries :/

Good to hear about the price, sucks to hear you ordered just before me and still don't have a VIN...