Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

cptmellow

Oct 24, 2020
New Jersey
I followed up with my SA today. He said the car arrived and he requested docs to be sent. Within 20 minutes I had the email asking for final payment and when I logged into the account saw the MVPA. Looks like I might also be able to move up my delivery!
When did you get your VIN again? I got mine on Dec 10 and apparently car is still at the factory waiting to be loaded on the train

Joel20042002

Oct 4, 2020
Honolulu, HI
Welp....
7C617372-E623-4869-8552-E3A805C62AB5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: COS Blue

n33d45p33d

Dec 18, 2014
Miami, Florida
When did you get your VIN again? I got mine on Dec 10 and apparently car is still at the factory waiting to be loaded on the train

I got it on December 5th. They actually called me about an hour ago to check if I wanted to pick up the car tomorrow. I said definitely! So I’m scheduled for tomorrow at 5PM. Damn work got in the way of a morning delivery :/

Alex07093

Nov 5, 2020
Florida
Delivery went super smooth, not a single thing wrong with it at least that I can tell!

the team over at Tesla Coral Gables was great, nothing like some of the bad reviews on here from other deliveries.

I hope everyone else has a similar experience
I'm very happy that your delivery went well!! Congrats again and happy holidays

Reactions: n33d45p33d

uthatcher

Dec 7, 2020
Los Angeles
My blue MSLR went from 14th-28th to 16th-30th to a 4-6 weeks after order date status over the last few days. I ordered on the 21st of November, so I suppose it's not much different than the 16th-30th window I was seeing previous to today.

masterdarpa

Dec 16, 2020
Boston
Hey Unclebnz, I ordered mine on the 27th. When did you order yours? Also, I think you can cancel so long as you didn't pay the full price yet.
I was finally issued a VIN after seeing my delivery date change so many times. I was hoping to delay until the factory opens again in Jan. What should I do?

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
I was finally issued a VIN after seeing my delivery date change so many times. I was hoping to delay until the factory opens again in Jan. What should I do?

Well, what are you hoping for? A car made after this mystery "reset" time? You can cancel your order, and then maybe not get your car until March due to the production cycle of each quarter. Could be that there isn't much, if any, changes to the vehicle itself. Could just be a rearrangement of some machines. Who knows?

Reactions: Joel20042002

masterdarpa

Dec 16, 2020
Boston
Well, what are you hoping for? A car made after this mystery "reset" time? You can cancel your order, and then maybe not get your car until March due to the production cycle of each quarter. Could be that there isn't much, if any, changes to the vehicle itself. Could just be a rearrangement of some machines. Who knows?
Hey LN1_Casey, when did you place your order?

LN1_Casey

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus
Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2019
Oahu, Hawaii
Holy balls, why so long. I ordered mine at the end of November and they're telling me this month. I wonder if they are not telling the truth?

Hawaii. They only get shipment like once a quarter. I ordered too late for the previous quarter, and so it arrived the end of this one.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC