Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto here. After a Tesla rep cold called me, he suggested that I go ahead an order in case there was a refresh, I'd be at the front of the line. He also suggested there could be a price increase associated with the refresh, and we would be protected from that.

My delivery dates are Feb 14 - Mar 14.

If I'm disappointed by the lack of a refresh, I can still cancel.

Oddly, I too had a cold call from Tesla last night at dinner, but our order is already "in."

Since it's another DL gift for my Fav spouse, I advised that we were out for dinner and asked her to call back. She said I could call back anytime tomorrow . . . topic wasn't discussed so who knows what's up.

Yes, I appears is happening. Have a deliv date of Feb 22 to Mar 22 to rplace my 2017 S with brand new S, and was told by a Tes rep today, "don't say i said so" that no question, production shut down was to put a refresh process in place on the line. And is pretty major. Includes at least 2 big items, a battery upgrade to newest technology, and changing the 17" vertical screen to horizontal. And the second screen, instr cluster screen, will remain. Would expect to see change in online ordering screens soon. Didn't think to ask if any changes to interior finishes or exterior colors are in the works.

Sales on the S/X were already slow - and with the "news" sites openly speculating today - slow sales will get even slower.

That makes two cases:

1) There is no refresh.
- In the face of even less demand, Tesla will have to make a statement to the effect of "no refresh" to keep the sales.

2) There is a refresh.
- In this case, Tesla lets the speculation run rampant while they finish the required factory/tooling upgrades.

I have yet to see any posts, photos, or news of new production rolling out of Fremont this week. So this effectively went from an 18 day line stoppage to 25 days.

Does anyone have a good notion of the time interval from line startup to initial US deliveries? I have heard that the first 30 days usually goes to Europe. My delivery window is now Feb 14-Mar 14. I haven't heard of any sooner than that as of now. Does anyone here have enough experience to predict when production would need to begin in order to make estimated the window? At any rate, I'm not sure the window is very firm based on things I have read on this Forum.

Well, my US delivery is under 1 week from deposit. I placed my deposit last Saturday afternoon and got the request to pay when I woke up this morning. By noon I had the email saying they wanted me to pick it up at the Fremont Factory on Friday (1/22). I am insisting that the auto-dimming mirrors be on it though. I can't get them to answer the question, but if it's really coming off the line then I understand they should be there. I'm replacing my 2003 Model S hits 8 years in June, so I have until then to replace it (with a Y). There is a software issue they need to fix on my S though (the last 2 firmware updates have created errors and the latest they have been trying to figure out for a a few days). I can't sell my S while it has that error, so delivery will likely be postponed.

Yes, I appears is happening. Have a deliv date of Feb 22 to Mar 22 to rplace my 2017 S with brand new S, and was told by a Tes rep today, "don't say i said so" that no question, production shut down was to put a refresh process in place on the line. And is pretty major. Includes at least 2 big items, a battery upgrade to newest technology, and changing the 17" vertical screen to horizontal. And the second screen, instr cluster screen, will remain. Would expect to see change in online ordering screens soon. Didn't think to ask if any changes to interior finishes or exterior colors are in the works.
Hopefully this is correct, but store personnel aren't a good source of information on what Tesla is going to do. Tesla doesn't tell them.

Well, my US delivery is under 1 week from deposit. I placed my deposit last Saturday afternoon and got the request to pay when I woke up this morning. By noon I had the email saying they wanted me to pick it up at the Fremont Factory on Friday (1/22). I am insisting that the auto-dimming mirrors be on it though. I can't get them to answer the question, but if it's really coming off the line then I understand they should be there. I'm replacing my 2003 Model S hits 8 years in June, so I have until then to replace it (with a Y). There is a software issue they need to fix on my S though (the last 2 firmware updates have created errors and the latest they have been trying to figure out for a a few days). I can't sell my S while it has that error, so delivery will likely be postponed.

... and realizing you're probably looking for an S timing, just ignore this. I'd delete my post if it were possible. I managed to enter the wrong forum.

I just place my order for the Long Range Plus. Let’s hope for exterior changes too.
82534C92-0D35-4BE5-8F16-33F8FA5DDD70.png

Hopefully this is correct, but store personnel aren't a good source of information on what Tesla is going to do. Tesla doesn't tell them.

It depends on which personnel. Anyone who was hired 2018 or later has no deep connection to the original startup organization. Back in 2017 a lot of veterans from the earliest days in sales were still there and they were closely communicating with a much smaller group of engineers and product guys back then with a lot lower stakes.

I was at the local dealership this weekend and the sales rep confidently said no exterior changes, but significant interior changes.

Hmmm. Idk... No exterior changes would be unlikely unless they do something to distinguish the plaid version from the two other versions. There was a photo of a new variant at the test track near the railyard and right away I can tell that they increased the field of view for the driver, idk how you do that without a body change of some kind. At plaid pace they probably would need diffusers anyway no?

Told You! Just released. page 8 of today's release at live press conference for Q4 and 2020 Results. S and X = new modules, new battery packs, new motors, major interior upgrades, some exterior modifications.!!
Prodcution lines at Freemont under modification now for reopening shortly.