Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally! I've been expecting for 1-2 weeks to start seeing these types of spy pics to popping up every day.

That interior pic seems to complicate my theory that there would be physical gear-selection over-rides next to the hazard button.[/QUOTE
Finally! I've been expecting for 1-2 weeks to start seeing these types of spy pics to popping up every day.

That interior pic seems to complicate my theory that there would be physical gear-selection over-rides next to the hazard button.

If you zoom in on the interior shot, it looks like there are fingerprint smudges next to the hazard button that correspond to the labeled gear selections on the earlier mule pictures. I think the force buttons only are visible/lighted when the vehicle is on/passenger detected.

I don't know where the images are from beyond the fact that they were posted on the Taycan forums. I am a former Model S owner, now M3P, and was waiting for an S refresh. Was about to pull the trigger on a Taycan when I thought it might never happen, but held off as soon as the refresh was announced.

Excited to see it in the flesh, been waiting since 2019 when I traded in the S!

Reactions: scrapps
If you zoom in on the interior shot, it looks like there are fingerprint smudges next to the hazard button that correspond to the labeled gear selections on the earlier mule pictures. I think the force buttons only are visible/lighted when the vehicle is on/passenger detected.

I don't know where the images are from beyond the fact that they were posted on the Taycan forums. I am a former Model S owner, now M3P, and was waiting for an S refresh. Was about to pull the trigger on a Taycan when I thought it might never happen, but held off as soon as the refresh was announced.

Excited to see it in the flesh, been waiting since 2019 when I traded in the S!

How do you like the S? I have X and M3P and looking to jump into S from the 3. I have never driven it but I have a Plaid on order. Thoughts?

Great find! Pretty sure that's where the cupholders were going to be, but nice to confirm. My #1 complaint about pre-refresh MS.

Other interesting bits:
  • "Hot rush" sticker on windshield?
  • Power connector behind door trim = ambient lighting?
  • Seats don't look white, but also don't look cream. I bet they're cream though.
  • Steering wheel controls look matte now (as opposed to piano black in the Ohio spotting)
  • I actually like the Tempest wheels :oops:

You had me until "I actually like the Tempest wheels".

Maybe if I squint my eyes just right - but it sure would be nice if Elon would just hold a darn event to go over all this!!!

How do you like the S? I have X and M3P and looking to jump into S from the 3. I have never driven it but I have a Plaid on order. Thoughts?

Honestly, I really miss my Model S. The M3P is a great car, but the S was just more refined and "special" (I loved the old sunroof, look, etc). The S is more of a touring sedan, the 3 has a sportier feel. For my use case (middle aged guy who commutes to work and has 3 kids) the S fits better. The only reason I didn't buy another S at the time was that I couldn't justify the cost differential for what felt like the same car. I also like to change things up at least a little when I get a new car.

In the end, for me the 3 was a stop gap until they either redesigned the S, or I gave up and bought a competitor. Very glad that they chose to refresh the car so I can stay with Tesla.

I must say this forum has been a fantastic source of entertainment over the past few weeks, I check in daily (hourly) now. Thanks everyone!! It reminds me of when I would walk to the record store after school in the 70's hoping this would be the day the AC/DC Highway to hell album would finally be in.

I've been waiting since 9/24 when I sold my 19MSLR and ordered the MSP (actually, I was ready to click the "buy now" button right after battery day for a Plaid but I got sticker shock). My 12/9 delivery window came and went and I had no car... I contacted Tesla and told them, if it's not coming, no worries, just put the order in for January and I will take delivery in Feb-Mar. Being from Canada, although I wanted it, driving a beautiful car like that in the winter just hurts my heart. I was contacted about the refresh end of January, reconfirmed my order (MSP of course, now that I have waited so long) and was told I had a "priority build" and a small discount because of the wait. Ergo, I now sit like the rest of you, waiting for a morsel to feast upon. If the border was open, I would headed south to live in a tent outside the factory. Cheers Everyone, keep the refresh photos coming.

Or Model 3 type door openers?

I think that is confirmed from the renders.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 7.23.19 AM.png

Interesting. In the renders, the trim at the bottom of the wood I always presumed was a metal (of I guess plastic) trim, could actually be a light strip for ambient lighting. It looks like there might be a connector on the dash too, where the trim is also missing.

Ordered MS LR on 1/10, converted on 1/29..

So, I guess this is standard fare for Tesla from what I hear around here? From everything I gather the MS refresh is still in development, and the odds of getting a car in March seem rather slim.

This really doesn’t seem unusual, or concerning for most Tesla owners - that a car is still in R&D mere weeks before expected delivery?

Perhaps I’m being too old fashioned, but it’s not confidence inspiring myself. Is this how it went for the M3 and MY??

I understand Tesla producing the more expensive Plaid for a 1Q crunch time report - more money per unit/time. However, that would be at the expense of those that had orders in for the LR model before the refresh. If that is truly the case, that would show how much Tesla values customer loyalty over profits. Yes, they are in for profits (as they should be as a business), but this would be a short term profit boost and will not be forgotten in the long term when there are more alternatives in the marketplace.
So are you canceling your order?