Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know! I emailed my SA this morning, haven't heard back, but will post anything if even nothing, when I do.

The problem is, the SAs don't seem to know more than we do, sometimes less. Tesla doesn't even tell its own employees what's up.

I need a new car. I can wait a few more weeks, lose a few bucks as finance rates go back up, and will try and be patient.. But if this silence continues through the end of March and it looks like it's rolling into June? Nah. And I'll gladly bitch, because maybe I'm a little weird that I expect SOMETHING from a company I'm buying a $97,000 product from. Apparently in Tesla world, that's "acting entitled".

And they aren't selling any X's, so the line will be dedicated solely to Model S. I realize demand should be up, but we are still talking about 10,000 or so total cars they need to make. Certainly, 5,000 or so of those can be made and shipped in the next 3 weeks.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but for those of us with "March" as the timeline, you'd have to think they reasonably expect at this point that is a real possibility. I mean, they've updated the timelines on the website to say 4-11 weeks (it has changed a couple of times) no reason they couldn't do the same for delivery dates.
I don't want to be anyone's Debbie Downer - but my M3 order placed Summer 2020 went from a 4 week expected delivery to 8 weeks to 12 weeks... to a cancelled order.

I was mystified why there were such delays. We were talking a mid-range 3 white exterior and leather interior. The story which I got over and over was that Euro orders were first in line to be fulfilled.

So... if the timeline was so flimsy with 3's that had been in production for 2 years + ... how can anyone trust anything with what is in essence a new model ?

Do we know there is ANY capacity right now? We haven't seen anything out of Fremont outside of some test mules and discarded castings.

I think the lack of any VIN assignments is a KPI here. Those are usually assigned just before a car is entering production.

With all of the people here, and lurking here, that have outstanding reservations - nobody has chimed in with "I have a VIN #XXXY " .

Nobody.

This is really strong evidence that there is not any functional level of production going on. Since it will take 10 - 15 days to get a car moved to the midwest, south, or east coast, they only have until around March 16 to produce cars for that market, then flex to the west coast orders that can be delivered quickly.

Since Tesla always games the delivery / production around maximizing quarterly deliveries, if you don't live on the west coast, and don't have a VIN in the next 12 days or so, it's likely you won't get delivery until April.

The problem is, the SAs don't seem to know more than we do, sometimes less. Tesla doesn't even tell its own employees what's up.

I need a new car. I can wait a few more weeks, lose a few bucks as finance rates go back up, and will try and be patient.. But if this silence continues through the end of March and it looks like it's rolling into June? Nah. And I'll gladly bitch, because maybe I'm a little weird that I expect SOMETHING from a company I'm buying a $97,000 product from. Apparently in Tesla world, that's "acting entitled".

I expect better communication too. My SA takes like 1-2 weeks to reply to text/email and I have to actively call them to get something done. At least you were able to get financing, financing wasn't even an option for me. I already like buying detailing stuff and wraps for my car cause I'm so impatient.

Uhm, my account now shows a picture of a blue Model 3 for my order page. I've reloaded the page and logged out multiple times and it still shows this. At this point, I'm almost happy something, anything changed. Note: Ive never owned nor purchased a blue model 3:

HUH.png

Last edited:
I expect better communication too. My SA takes like 1-2 weeks to reply to text/email and I have to actively call them to get something done. At least you were able to get financing, financing wasn't even an option for me. I already like buying detailing stuff and wraps for my car cause I'm so impatient.

Don’t ever give your financial information to Tesla on an order until you have a firm delivery date expectation. Otherwise you’ll have your credit checked numerous times before delivery.

For most that is not a good idea!!

Now I can't get the page to load at all. Some times it is completely blank, some times it redirects to the home page of tesla.com. Maybe something, ANYTHING is happening.
Mine's back to showing my White MS, but the page looks different than it did before (the information on the left side is missing). Still says "March" for delivery window.

Uhm, my account now shows a picture of a blue Model 3 for my order page. I've reloaded the page and logged out multiple times and it still shows this. At this point, I'm almost happy something, anything changed. Note: Ive never owned nor purchased a blue model 3:

View attachment 642107
Same here. Also can’t bring up account details

Reactions: Tigers