Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait - are you lying to us? Because if you are lying to us, I might have to block you. I'm literally having dreams about this car right now and no, I'm not joking.

Also - this individual couldn't even tell you "delayed a little longer" or not? That's the only thing I care about right now. I just need to know - am I going to be having Model S dreams for another 2 months? I am literally losing my mind. I called my girlfriend Elon earlier today. Please help!
I think you need the kind of help even Elon can not provide.

Reactions: Tigers
I still see the yoke mentioned in the configurator...
1615243030418.png

It's funny, but it's hard to tell what that means. It could mean the yoke is a done deal and everyone gets one so no need to call it out (i.e. they don't call out seatbelts). I guess folks could argue the yoke did not survive, but then why still use yoke pics as we know they already have pics with a round wheel.

The first car on the hauler definitely has a yoke. But looking at the cars at 3:59 at least some of them have WHEELS , not a yoke.

View attachment 642768 View attachment 642771

It appears they are producing BOTH.

Given the inconsistencies on the order page and configurator...I think some people are going to get yokes and some, at least initially, are not. That ought to be really interesting. Personally, I'd live either way, but strong preference for the yoke (more AC flow, more visible screen).

Also, that red model S on the truck with the yoke, is clearly missing interior trim (like the other test mules that have been seen). That's not going to a customer for delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ and reddy
Given the inconsistencies on the order page and configurator...I think some people are going to get yokes and some, at least initially, are not. That ought to be really interesting. Personally, I'd live either way, but strong preference for the yoke (more AC flow, more visible screen).

Also, that red model S on the truck with the yoke, is clearly missing interior trim (like the other test mules that have been seen). That's not going to a customer for delivery.

I looked at all the Model S that are grouped together at ~ 3:59 with 4k resolution on my destop. Of the ones that you can clearly see, all 4 of them have wheels. I don't clearly see a yoke on any of them. From what I can see , they could all have wheels.

If I get a choice, I would personally choose a wheel. If they are making it both ways, it would be a great idea for Tesla to be asking us our preference right now.