Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, got another email from my SA (I emailed them a couple of days ago with another request but used it as an opportunity to ask what's up with the Model S refresh). Probably doesn't mean much, but they said expect it to be closer to mid-to-late April before delivery with a VIN assignment likely after EOM.

Again, probably doesn't really mean much, also I live in the Central US, so California friends are likely still on target for March-ish.

Needless to say, I'm test driving an Audi E-Tron today. The range sucks, but I've heard they are really nice cars and nice to drive. Thinking some gently used E-tron that's lost a ton of value that I can trade in or sell at the end of the year once Tesla figures the new *sugar* out/likely production issues with the refreshed S.

If anyone owns or has owned an E-Tron and wants to convince me one way or another, I'd love a DM. Thanks.

At this point I'm equally excited to a) get my Model S VIN assignment, or b) get FSD Beta on my M3P. If the latter happens first, I probably won't be quite so eager on the former since I passed on FSD this time around. Knowing my luck, it'll be the worst scenario: waiting months for either, only to get access to the Beta a couple days before I take delivery of my new S.

Reactions: omarsultan
At this point I'm equally excited to a) get my Model S VIN assignment, or b) get FSD Beta on my M3P. If the latter happens first, I probably won't be quite so eager on the former since I passed on FSD this time around. Knowing my luck, it'll be the worst scenario: waiting months for either, only to get access to the Beta a couple days before I take delivery of my new S.

Looks like FSD Beta can come as early as next week.

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
Looks like FSD Beta can come as early as next week.
We'll see. I'm not really convinced it'll happen for most people for some time. First it's "doubling current group with v8.2, then 10x with v8.3", to "adding a download beta button in car in 10 days". No idea what to believe. Could be that "download beta" button is just a new method to request access (which I've already done).

We'll see. I'm not really convinced it'll happen for most people for some time. First it's "doubling current group with v8.2, then 10x with v8.3", to "adding a download beta button in car in 10 days". No idea what to believe. Could be that "download beta" button is just a new method to request access (which I've already done).

Elon said (I know I know, any sentence that starts with Elon said.. blah blah), that anyone who requests access via the button will get the “Beta” when connecting to WiFi.

• Funny
That's more of a company than an army :) Hope one is mine!
I don't see any spoilers. Do they tend to have the delivery centers fit these? I know the initial M3Ps were shipped without and a lot of folks had to wait a while for them.

Last edited:
  • Love
I don't have any delivery estimate. Never have. Ordered pre refresh announcement in Jan.
I am in the same boat, I have never had a delivery estimate for the refresh! I ordered in November-- they tried to schedule delivery of the the pre-refresh model but I opted to wait. I accepted the refresh on January 27 when it was announced and haven't heard any updates since. The Operations Manager of the location I am taking delivery at contacted me last week though, telling me that I need to complete my financial profile but I don't want to do a hard credit pull prior to the cars even going into production.

I am in the same boat, I have never had a delivery estimate for the refresh! I ordered in November-- they tried to schedule delivery of the the pre-refresh model but I opted to wait. I accepted the refresh on January 27 when it was announced and haven't heard any updates since. The Operations Manager of the location I am taking delivery at contacted me last week though, telling me that I need to complete my financial profile but I don't want to do a hard credit pull prior to the cars even going into production.
Yeah, my sales person told me not to do the financing at the time since the approval only holds for 30 days. She said the best way to do it is do the order as cash and then when you are assigned the VIN, do the trade in, financing, etc. then. I agree that they should not look for financing until they are close to ready for delivery since an approval means squat if the car wouldn't deliver for anything more than a week from the point of your approval.

Yeah, my sales person told me not to do the financing at the time since the approval only holds for 30 days. She said the best way to do it is do the order as cash and then when you are assigned the VIN, do the trade in, financing, etc. then. I agree that they should not look for financing until they are close to ready for delivery since an approval means squat if the car wouldn't deliver for anything more than a week from the point of your approval.
I was told approval is valid for 60 days.

I'd be interested to know: does anyone NOT have a "March" or blank delivery estimate? Is your estimate April or later?

Mine is blank. Ordered End of Jan, 2021.