Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does tesla do any real pre-delivery showcase of their cars. I would be less anxious if they had real demo video or that presentation that elon promised on the Q4 call
The Y had demo cars very early on, but it was an exception. In general, you'd have to wait a few months.

That is usually a good thing to do after production changes anyway.
It didn’t take long for me to realize Tesla does things a bit unconventional. It’s super annoying sometimes.but I’ll deal with it.and drive my Tesla with a smile

Are they being built in the Fremont factory? They suffered a fire yesterday of one of the gigapress but I don't think those are used on the S anyways.

I think the biggest delay is the yoke review that's happening right now. No since to ramp up production builds if the steering column may have to be completely redone to go back to a round with stalks.

I'm just hoping for my 14 week estimate. :) But I'm not processing my loan paperwork till I see the first person here say I GOT A VIN. Haha 😆

I agree.. They would have moved them to staging and the drones would have spotted them in the loading lot. I think someone will take delivery in March but 98% of us will be mid- April/May.
One thing I noticed about the ones we’ve seen at Fremont so far is that the tempest wheel covers were attached. Other aero wheel styles don’t have the covers attached during shipping.

One thing I noticed about the ones we’ve seen at Fremont so far is that the tempest wheel covers were attached. Other aero wheel styles don’t have the covers attached during shipping.
It would shock me if this was all due to the yoke. Regardless, I think we will see cars before the next earnings call, but not in March. That’s my guess. Which is a total SWAG.

I think the biggest delay is the yoke review that's happening right now. No since to ramp up production builds if the steering column may have to be completely redone to go back to a round with stalks.

Wheel shape and "stalkless" are two different things--we've seen mules, like the one in Ohio, with a round wheel, but the same touch controls that imply stalkless.

Reactions: foos and tes_ev_123
looks like they updated the Model S LR range for the arachnid wheels. Its 350 for the plaid.
B377C264-28A9-4A75-BD92-1F882B75C7B2.jpeg