Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have to be producing them to deliver them - anywhere. And there's very little reason to believe they're producing ANY refreshed Model S cars in any quantity except for the ones seen in the drone flyover, which could be more mules or all waiting for some approval or retrofit or something.

I can't speculate on the issue, though I don't believe it's yoke approval. That said, there's clearly some issue, as always, that is causing the delay. The continued silence from Tesla and lack of videos, etc is telling.

However, will any of this affect how the cars (S and X) sell? Nope. We'll all wait, and more folks will order new S and X cars daily, etc.
I'm just guessing, the shift state guessing, is not quite ready for Beta...

Reactions: elguapo and Tigers
We picked up our new Mercedes GLS yesterday and after just 1 day I realized something. I like my model S, and another on order, simply for the performance. The fit and finish of this GLS is perfect. Other than autopilot, the technology is arguably better than Tesla.

The only reason I’m getting a new S is because I can keep the same payments. But I am seriously considering canceling my order and looking at some in the MB line, E53 AMG. Crazy? I drive less than 6K miles a year so the gas savings aren’t of concern.
Definitely not crazy!! We have our 5th Tesla on order, due any day now, but if BMW came out with a fully BEV 7 Series my wife would ditch her Model X in a heartbeat. The comfort and quietness and drive of our previous 7 series cars is the best we have ever had. I'll stick with Tesla's but my wife will be first in line for a BEV 7 Series. (I secretly hope that never happens :)

• Funny
Reactions: LargeHamCollider
Definitely not crazy!! We have our 5th Tesla on order, due any day now, but if BMW came out with a fully BEV 7 Series my wife would ditch her Model X in a heartbeat. The comfort and quietness and drive of our previous 7 series cars is the best we have ever had. I'll stick with Tesla's but my wife will be first in line for a BEV 7 Series. (I secretly hope that never happens :)

After you said that, you lost all credibility...

After you said that, you lost all credibility...
You are right....I did take creative liberty there insinuating that "Prepare for Delivery" was ANYWHERE close to any day now 🤣 🤪

1BF0F403-4C53-4E7C-B8C9-17AF9B73F56F.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Flyguy
They have to be producing them to deliver them - anywhere. And there's very little reason to believe they're producing ANY refreshed Model S cars in any quantity except for the ones seen in the drone flyover, which could be more mules or all waiting for some approval or retrofit or something.

I can't speculate on the issue, though I don't believe it's yoke approval. That said, there's clearly some issue, as always, that is causing the delay. The continued silence from Tesla and lack of videos, etc is telling.

However, will any of this affect how the cars (S and X) sell? Nope. We'll all wait, and more folks will order new S and X cars daily, etc.

Will we all wait? I put a deposit down on a Rivian and ID4 yesterday. ID4 is for the wife and Rivian is for me. I'm sort of exploring options for a highly depreciated ice car I can drive for a year until the rivian gets here.

We got to test drive the ID4 last week and it's really nice, definitely much better built than the Model Y. The infotainment screen sucks and it isn't super fast, but certainly it's just as fast as the best non luxury ice suv. Very solid ride, very comfortable. They did a lot of things well. Also it's extremely cheap like $35k after the tax credit fully loaded with driver's assistance features and free charging for 3 years.

I didn't really want to have to wait for the Rivian, but after seeing how they are going to be treating customers (assigning guides), it may be worth it. IDK, after driving around the Mustang Mach E and the ID4, it's becoming clear others know how to build a car a little better than Tesla. My patience is running very thin.

Reactions: elguapo
We picked up our new Mercedes GLS yesterday and after just 1 day I realized something. I like my model S, and another on order, simply for the performance. The fit and finish of this GLS is perfect. Other than autopilot, the technology is arguably better than Tesla.

The only reason I’m getting a new S is because I can keep the same payments. But I am seriously considering canceling my order and looking at some in the MB line, E53 AMG. Crazy? I drive less than 6K miles a year so the gas savings aren’t of concern.

After selling my 18 Model S I got a MB S63 AMG spent $$$ setting it up the way I like it (Wrap, dechrome Stage 2 tune pushing 700hp+ etc) I couldnt wait to get out of it. Lasted little under a year,
In the past 15 years, I had a 2018 E63 refresh, a CLS 63, a few Porsche turbos, Audi S8, BMW M5s etc. My P100D was my 1st EV. Nothing put a smile on my face more than my Tesla. My fav car I’ve owned hands down.
The new Model S will be so much nicer than the Model S you have now. Everything will be improved including fit and finish. Don’t compare the new S to your current S. Even the new LR S will roast a MB E53. And the new plaid is insane, I don’t need to say anything more.
Agreed! Made a mistake of going MB route with the S63 after selling my 18 Model S. Missed that car the moment I went into the MB, while the fit and finish on the MB was on another level, everything else was underwhelming. Ordered the new Model S, had March delivery estimate, sold the S63 in anticipation, and here I am... waiting... for my march delivery...

Will we all wait? I put a deposit down on a Rivian and ID4 yesterday. ID4 is for the wife and Rivian is for me. I'm sort of exploring options for a highly depreciated ice car I can drive for a year until the rivian gets here.

We got to test drive the ID4 last week and it's really nice, definitely much better built than the Model Y. The infotainment screen sucks and it isn't super fast, but certainly it's just as fast as the best non luxury ice suv. Very solid ride, very comfortable. They did a lot of things well. Also it's extremely cheap like $35k after the tax credit fully loaded with driver's assistance features and free charging for 3 years.

I didn't really want to have to wait for the Rivian, but after seeing how they are going to be treating customers (assigning guides), it may be worth it. IDK, after driving around the Mustang Mach E and the ID4, it's becoming clear others know how to build a car a little better than Tesla. My patience is running very thin.

I am sticking it on for now. But I understand your statements. I think there is a lot of truth to the trend of people not waiting due to growing competition. I truly want Tesla to succeed and hope they do not go blind or arrogant to the growing threat. Their market share can quickly erode. If they pay attention and react accordingly, Tesla can hold this lead for foreseeable future and then some.

Reactions: elguapo and Tigers
I am sticking it on for now. But I understand your statements. I think there is a lot of truth to the trend of people not waiting due to growing competition. I truly want Tesla to succeed and hope they do not go blind or arrogant to the growing threat. Their market share can quickly erode. If they pay attention and react accordingly, Tesla can hold this lead for foreseeable future and then some.

Right - I mean, I'm keeping my Model S order (nothing to lose right now). I'm certainly not going to be one of the first 1,000 to get one. So, by the time people like us (in the middle of the country) get one, we will likely already have a week or two minimum of reviews to watch. I think that will be the deciding point. Unless of course we are talking about May, at which point I will definitely have already purchased some crappy gas car lol.

Elon has always said competition was good for EV’s overall. I truly don’t think he desires to have overall market share. Money doesn’t appear to motivate him.

Reactions: elguapo

I’m very confident this new generation Model S/X will be built so much better. Also, for those of us that care about performance, the Mach E and ID4 won’t cut it. I probably sound like a Tesla fanboy; hmm I guess I sort of am 😼

I’m very confident this new generation Model S/X will be built so much better. Also, for those of us that care about performance, the Mach E and ID4 won’t cut it. I probably sound like a Tesla fanboy; hmm I guess I sort of am 😼

TBH - the Mach E feels pretty quick to me. The ID4 felt much quicker (especially in sport mode) than it's stated 7.7 0-60. Maybe that's because a lot of low end torque/power gets it to 40 pretty quick then it slows down. It is a very practical and imo, great looking car.

For the S/X, we will see. It certainly seems like the 2020 and 2021 Model S cars were not complained about anywhere near as much. That's positive. At the same time, Tesla learned very few lessons going from Model 3 to Model Y...so, not exactly sure I have much confidence. They do make a lot less of the S, so the QC might be better.

I wish others at Tesla (not the CEO) would communicate with people buying their cars. Elon has so much going on and the CEO shouldn’t be the one having to explain things and answer questions customers have about the yoke etc. Maybe I’m losing it but aren’t there others at Tesla, the COO or maybe the ‘chief of Model S’ to communicate with buyers/potential buyers? It’s just weird, just let Elon run his companies. He’s too involved with nonsense that others at Tesla should deal with.

Last edited:
TBH - the Mach E feels pretty quick to me. The ID4 felt much quicker (especially in sport mode) than it's stated 7.7 0-60. Maybe that's because a lot of low end torque/power gets it to 40 pretty quick then it slows down. It is a very practical and imo, great looking car.

For the S/X, we will see. It certainly seems like the 2020 and 2021 Model S cars were not complained about anywhere near as much. That's positive. At the same time, Tesla learned very few lessons going from Model 3 to Model Y...so, not exactly sure I have much confidence. They do make a lot less of the S, so the QC might be better.
Last night, I watched a few videos from the 2017 roadster unveil. I specifically watched P100D owners (Brook-dragtimes) get a ride in the roadster to see his reaction. Listening to him say “there’s no comparison to the P100D” and “it felt way faster than McLaren 720s” which he owned at the time, confirmed the plaid tri-motor set up is on another level.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider