Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

VT_EE

Active Member
Apr 22, 2017
2,077
2,777
Maryland
The largest factor isn’t the size, but the lack of Aero caps. Especially for highway range.
On the Model 3, the aero cap provides about 5% increase in efficiency. The other 5% was due to the low rolling resistance tires. They combine for a 10% increase in range over the 19” sport wheels. Bottom line is that the caps are only half the reason for the range increase.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drew-MS

EyeDocRob

Member
Mar 16, 2021
21
53
Austin, TX
I ordered my LR MS back in early December, got a VIN but refused delivery because of the refresh rumors. My Tesla Advisor told me last week I needed to edit my configuration to get the refreshed one on order. My question is do you think that puts me back in the queue since I waited so long to edit the config? Or are deliveries going to be based on the initial order date?
 

EvStark

Member
Sep 18, 2016
68
53
Seattle
My SA yesterday - we are anticipating mid April for deliveries to start. I reserved in January before the refresh announcement. He said I’ll be prioritized in the waitlist since I made the reservation pre announcement and also get a 2k reduction
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Tigers

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.


SUPPORT TMC
Top