Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soo maybe this is why the permit site says the new tool install hasn't been signed off on yet. Maybe the fire in the middle of this permit delayed inspections?

Screenshot_20210323-220411_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210323-220630_Chrome.jpg

Looks great.. Why am I having a hard time seeing if it’s blue, grey, or black ? Is it just me? Wtf I’m in my 40s, not 80s.. ok it’s not black, I’m going with grey 👍
Blue never gets the respect it deserves. All of mine have been blue. I do like MSM. Perhaps the only other color I’d choose is MSM. But I stay true to blue until it’s delivered. Which should be May, per my “all knowing” SA.

See what I did there? Put a little delivery “update” info at the end of my post, thereby making it appropriate for this thread.
Blue is the color for delivery in May. I am looking at some rims to set it off. Only thing on the MS I want to change.

Reactions: elguapo
Apparently how the shifting works, in addition to the thumb wheel

Whoever programed this apparently has never used an MCU1 and had the frustrating experience of trying this same maneuver to tell the nav to go home. What a terrible terrible design decision. It's so ridiculous that Tesla is pinching pennies on this car by removing the real buttons and the stalks.

Last edited:
Whoever programed this apparently has never used an MCU1 and had the frustrating experience of trying this same maneuver to tell the nav to go home. What a terrible terrible design decision. It's so ridiculous that Tesla is pinching pennies on this car by removing the real buttons and the stalks.
To me it feels that it's more about the transition to autonomous vehicles than it is about pinching pennies. I actually like the feel of the M3 stalks, they're light and sturdy enough and give good information to my fingers and hands. Certainly better than those massive ones where you worry about breaking them off when you apply a bit too much pressure.

OK, Boomer! 😂😂😂😂 TBF - the MCU 1 had the processing power of like the iPhone 2.

But, in all seriousness...there's a reason there are at least 3 ways the car can shift. By itself, on the screen and on the wheel.

Guys can we actually stay on topic lool. I’m actually getting a little frustrated when I see comments about performance, design, etc. I only want to see comments or complaints about delivery so I can put my frustration somewhere 😅

7 more days left in this month and my account still says March delivery. 😂
Mine says "March" too... when did you buy yours? For me, it was Feb 11.

Update with no update this morning: I have two Model S reservations - One I placed in June 2020 that I kept on hold and since then has been updated to the new refreshed configuration. The second one I placed as soon as the refresh was announced in Jan. The former simply says “Prepare for Delivery Date” with no date and the latter still says “March”.

Reactions: Tigers and TNGuy99
Update on my order #RN114376** Ordered 1/1/21 and updated 1/28/21 to refresh.

Order agreement still does NOT show the $2,000 discount which was supposed to show shortly after the 1/28/21 update.

Delivery was showing February 25 - mid March and since then has changed to "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date."

DADC322B-7508-4D48-9305-581631A82C70_1_201_a.jpeg

OK, Boomer! 😂😂😂😂 TBF - the MCU 1 had the processing power of like the iPhone 2.

But, in all seriousness...there's a reason there are at least 3 ways the car can shift. By itself, on the screen and on the wheel.
Yeah, 3 ways that all suck vs one way that works perfectly. If you need to devise two backup systems for something its a blatant indicator that your primary solution is crap. MCU1 (which is actually roughly equivelent to an iPhone 5) worked wonderfully for 6ish years until Tesla just stopped caring about performance on it. It has more than enough raw performance to handle the paltry tasks of displaying a map and streaming music. Also keep in mind that Tesla was still shipping cars with it only 3 years ago.

Not sure I get your point. This method will never be used on MCU1. I highly doubt this feature will be enabled on legacy vehicles. Did I misunderstand?

I still don’t understand how the scroll wheel shifting will work.

When in Park, does one simply press the scroll wheel in, then scroll up for Drive or down for Reverse? If so, is there any indication on the IC or main display of the gear selection?

Or, does pressing the scroll wheel simply being up the side bar on the main screen, so the user still has to swipe up or down on the screen?

I would prefer the former, but could see downsides to it (accidental presses/scrolls).

If the latter, then there are really only two methods of shifting (AI, or scroll wheel press+screen swipe).

I still don’t understand how the scroll wheel shifting will work.

When in Park, does one simply press the scroll wheel in, then scroll up for Drive or down for Reverse? If so, is there any indication on the IC or main display of the gear selection?

Or, does pressing the scroll wheel simply being up the side bar on the main screen, so the user still has to swipe up or down on the screen?

I would prefer the former, but could see downsides to it (accidental presses/scrolls).

If the latter, then there are really only two methods of shifting (AI, or scroll wheel press+screen swipe).
I am guessing pressing of the brake will trigger scroll wheel gear change.